Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
jdcho
452 Views, 10 Replies

can't find license

I upgraded to revit 2013 for most of our machines and bought 2 new building systems version in january ... and now have an issue.  It seems as if one of the 2013 revit architecture keeps taking a building systems license.  Is this a first come first serve basis for the license manager?  When building systems logs on first there's no issue, but when revit architeture logs in, it automatcially takes a building systems license.  Can I force it to take a regular license?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: jdcho

were the license files generated on the same day?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
jdcho
in reply to: DarrenP

not sure what you mean .... are you talking about the .lic file from autodesk?  It's a single network file.

Message 4 of 11
DarrenP

is building suite the only product in the license file

run the license file through here: www.licenseparser.com

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
jdcho

so I have 3 revit architecture suites, 3 autocad architecture, and 2 building desing suites

Message 6 of 11
DarrenP

were they all generated the same day?

it should say on the license parser website

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
jdcho

yup ... all issued on the same date

Message 8 of 11
DarrenP

are you sure your running revit archtecture and not revit from the building suite

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
jdcho

yes, both different installs .... one machine I installed building design suites and the other revit architecture suite.  One with the usb install, the other with disks.

Message 10 of 11
DarrenP

can you post the debug log for the flex lm?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
jdcho

so I had eveybody restart there machines and now there's no issue ... go figure .... I even had the same people try and simulate what they did and no issue.

must have been a solar flare ...... thanks for all your help and sorry for taking your time.

if this happens again, I'll post the debug file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report