Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download the installation file as a zip file

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
dlam
1338 Views, 15 Replies

Can't download the installation file as a zip file

When I tried to download the Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2014 (using the download now option), it took me to download the Autodesk download manager utility.  But it didn't give me the "run" option, only "save file" option.  (See the attached file.)

What do I need to do to make it work?

Also, I tried the browse download option, I downloaded (4) .sfx file.

When it's done, I tried to extract them, but when it's almost 100%, this error message "user have close download progression" kept popping up.

What do I need to do to make it work?

Last year, I could easily save it as a zip file and it automatically extracts.  It doesn't seem to work this way in 2014.  Please advise, thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
pendean
in reply to: dlam

You need to find the file you downloaded then run it: where does your webbrowser drop downloads?
Message 3 of 16
dlam
in reply to: pendean

No, the download didn't even get started even I had the 2014 Autodesk Building Design Premium Suite selected.

Message 4 of 16
DarrenP

try to download from here:

You can access most current + previous supported version Browser Download links (including the Design & Creation Suites) through Matt, Autodesks Virtual Assistant. http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
>download links>Autodesk Suites>Autodesk Building Design Suite>
Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 16
asburyj

Were you able to get the product to download using  the direct download links from the virtual agent as Darren described? Let us know if you are still encountering any issues. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 16
dlam
in reply to: asburyj

I'm using the virtual agent to install.  But when I'm about to click on the first of the 4 .sfx.exe file, it's said I don't have enough space.  I have about 50GB free space now.  What is considered enough space?

Message 7 of 16
dlam

Is it possible to just download the Revit Architecture 2014 instead of the whole suite?Does the serial number for the suite also works for individual Autodesk software?

Message 8 of 16
DarrenP

thats probably not enough

at least a 100gb

these suites are not small

after extraction of all 4 .exes your looking at least 60 to 80 gigs of harddrive space thats not including the storage space needed for all 4 .exes unextracted

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

for example Building Design Suite Ultimate 2014 there are 5 .exes which require 18.9 gigs of space

after extraction of all 5 it will use about 75 gigs of space so your looking at nearly 95 gigs of harddrive space total for this suite

this doesn't include installation space either

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 16
dlam

Can I just pick the ones I need to download instead of the entire thing?  I don't think I can clear 100Gb of space right now for my hard drive.

Message 11 of 16
asburyj

If space is an issue you can use the individual product installers with your building design suite SN and product key. You can find all those installers on the virtual agent. 

1.       Go to http://www.autodesk.com

2.       Click on Contact Us 

3.       Click on Customer Service 

4.       Click on Virtual Agent “Ask”

5.       Once the Virtual Agent opens: 

Select the 2nd Choice "Download Links "

Select your product

You are now presented with the choice to download your software. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 12 of 16
DarrenP

not for the suites

its either all or nothing

you clould download the products separately

like stated above

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 16
asburyj

Actualy you can indeed use individual product installers to install one product at a time rather than the whole suite and it will still accept the suite SN and Product key. The only problem is those installers won't show in the subscription center so you will need to get them off the virtual agent. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 14 of 16
dlam

OK, I just tried it in my other computer with 3TB space.  It still gave me the same error message.

See attached.

Message 15 of 16
asburyj

I'm not sure what that error message is about, perhaps you closed the install wizard? Tt looks like the extraction bar filled so maybe the installer fully extracted? The extracted installer should be in C:\AutoDesk take a look in ther and see if there's a folder for your suite. If there is open it up and try running the setup.exe

Jeffry Asbury
Message 16 of 16
dlam

OK, the individual software download from the virtual agent works.

This is my suggestion to Autodesk,

If people need at least 100GB of space to extract this sfx.exe file from the Suite, please have a courtesy notice or something.

Not many computer users have 100GB hard disk space.

Why isn't the individual software download not available via Autodesk subscription but have to be via "virtual agent"?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report