Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't download....help

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
cwyllie1
2344 Views, 11 Replies

can't download....help

I am an enginnering student, my class uses autodesk inventor for everything. i live 20 miles from school,so its hard to get there to do my homework other than in class. but the website won't let me download the free trial or the software for displaced workers. what can i do , before i fall behind in class?

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
hashim.mundol
in reply to: cwyllie1

have you tried students.autodesk.com to register (if you are full time student)

What is the error when you try to download trial ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 12
adamryanjmhs

CRC failed in x86\C3D\Content\cp_C3D_DACH_Base\PerUser_Local.cab

Unexpected end of archive

please help this is what my windows 7 starter 32 bit  computer is saying when i downloaded the free student software it happens when  it is almost done extracting the information   please reply and help me

Message 4 of 12
dmr4a

I am having same problem.  Trying to download inventor2011 the free software for students.  All 3 parts download and at end of extraction it says that I am missing part two and I need to insert a disc.  I have attempted several times and a classmate of mine is said he was having the same problem.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thank you

Message 5 of 12

Hi adamryanjmhs:

You may want to download a new copy of the software from Education Community.  Prior to download, please check your system for and disable any of the following:

# Firewall - These are designed to stop downloads from non-approved sites.
# Anti-Virus Programs - These will try to stop or scan a download. It may cause the download to be corrupt or damaged.
# Download Monitors - Programs such as GoZilla! and NetZip are not compatible with our server and will sometimes block or stop downloads.
# Screen Savers - In some instances, screen savers can interfere with the download process. If you have a screen saver that is starting while you are downloading, please disable it temporarily until your download is complete.

Thank you.

Arlin Bibat
Message 6 of 12
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: dmr4a

Hi dmr4a:

As per my earlier reponse, you may want to download a new copy of the software from Education Community.  Prior to download, please check your system for and disable any of the following:

# Firewall - These are designed to stop downloads from non-approved sites.
# Anti-Virus Programs - These will try to stop or scan a download. It may cause the download to be corrupt or damaged.
# Download Monitors - Programs such as GoZilla! and NetZip are not compatible with our server and will sometimes block or stop downloads.
# Screen Savers - In some instances, screen savers can interfere with the download process. If you have a screen saver that is starting while you are downloading, please disable it temporarily until your download is complete.

Thank you.

Arlin Bibat
Message 7 of 12
rluce
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

i am haveing download problems aswell but when i try to download it wont do anything i dont get a error message or anything

Message 8 of 12
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: rluce

Hi rluce,

By nothing happens, did you mean when you click on the download button you do not see a page that gives an indication of the download progress or you're just seeing a blank screen?

From what Autodesk site were you trying to download the software? Have you tried other browser besides the one you are currently using? On the Download Option button, what did you choose Install Now, Browser Download?

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 9 of 12
rluce
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

i dont see a page it just sits there doing nothing i am at school now downloading them i will install them on my computer that way
Message 10 of 12
jbyrn146
in reply to: hashim.mundol

When i try to click the Brower Download nothing happens

Message 11 of 12
camilo.lemos
in reply to: jbyrn146

Hi jbyrn 146,

Please, disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download your software from Matt, our Virtual Agent. Click here and select the option Downloading and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I Need to Redownload my Product; then simply choose the program and version that you wish to download.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 12 of 12
lpevey
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Camilo,

Thank you so much for posting that link.  After purchasing Mudbox online, I was unable to download using the download manager or the optional manual download method.  I also could not download from the subscription center.  This was after disabling my firewall and any and all plugins (which BTW should never be a requirement just to download a file--shame on you guys).  I tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox.  I've never experienced anything like it with a large, legit business like Autodesk.

Anyway, that link, which led to direct links to the files with no endless loops and other nonsense that is obviously bugged on this site, I was finally able to get the software I paid for.

LP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report