Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download Autocad for MAC "Active autodesk 3060 instance detected" ?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
emyrdavies
8802 Views, 2 Replies

Can't download Autocad for MAC "Active autodesk 3060 instance detected" ?

Hello,

I downloaded a student version of autocad MAC a few weeks ago and was using it with no problems.

I'm not sure if this is related or not but I also run the main Adobe programs on this machine and Bridge stopped working so I changed all the users to read and write on the applications and library rather than read only which seemed to be the problem and this resolved it. 

Since then none of my Autodesk programs have been working. Everytime I try to open autocad it comes up with the loading box and then closed. 

I then uninstalled Autocad for mac and dragged the whole of the rest of the autodesk folder to the trash as well as the autocad folder in the library. 

I have now tried reinstalling autocad MAC and the message 'Active Autodesk 360 instance detected!" "The installer has detected that you have an active Autodesk 360 instance running on this computer by the user EyrDavies. Please close all active instances of Autodesk 360 and retry"

However there is nothing to close?

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I desperately need Autocad for my project. 

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: emyrdavies

1.  Open the Activity Monitor and End Process the Autodesk 360 instance.

2.  Re-install the software.

3.  Reset the saved state noted here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/11/mac-where-is-my-library-folder.html

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
emyrdavies
in reply to: emyrdavies

Great, thats done the trick! Very useful tip to know for future reference as well. Thanks a lot. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report