Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download any Autodesk product from student community

178 REPLIES 178
SOLVED
Message 1 of 179
WillSeath
8031 Views, 178 Replies

Can't download any Autodesk product from student community

I am a registered Autodesk student community user and have successfully downloaded AutoCAD before (through the old downloading tool).  Now when I try to download through the student community free downloads page, I get a long, thin white bar with a [CLOSE] button and nothing else.  Nothing seems to start automatically downloading either.  What's wrong?

178 REPLIES 178
Message 161 of 179
toshir.saato
in reply to: WillSeath

Good day! Im Toshiro.I'm facing a problem which is I can't download my Autocad 2014 from the student community. After I click on the 'install now' buttom, it just show up with "

Location Error - Download Request

Download Not Available

This download is not available in some countries. 

Kind regards,

-Toshiro

Message 162 of 179

Good day! Im Toshiro.I'm facing a problem which is I can't download my Autocad 2014 from the student community.

After I click on the 'install now' buttom, it just show up with

Location Error - Download Request

Download Not Available

This download is not available in some countries. 

Kind regards,

-Toshiro

Message 163 of 179
jessica.t
in reply to: toshir.saato

Hi @toshir.saato and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please try clearing your cookies and cache and trying again. Education Community downloads are available globally, but sometimes cookies can hold up the process.

If that alone does not resolve the issue please use this alternative download process:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

Let me know how it goes and if you need further assistance Smiley Happy Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 164 of 179

Hi! I'm experiencing same problem as theirs. I'm also from Philippines, and I tried downloading AutoCAD for Students 2012-2015 Versions and still can't download it due to location error. I'm using 32-Bit Windows. I hope there will be an immediate answer for this. Thank you 🙂

Message 165 of 179
jessica.t
in reply to: hajjjjzzzge03

Hi @hajjjjzzzge03 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Downloads from the Education Community are available globally. Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache? Or try downloading from a different network, disarming your firewall / antivirus often also helps. If the problem persists, please let us know. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 166 of 179
acad_lsgh
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Good morning,

I am from Phillipines same problem, I cant download any products. This AutoCAD software, we use it by our laboratory, we have already authorize by Autodesk and was given serial key as an multiseat user. My problem is I cannot download the software," AutoCAD 2012" it seems that "Location Error - Download Request this download is not available in some countries". Any help is much appreciated

Many thanks.

Message 167 of 179
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: acad_lsgh

Hi @acad_lsgh, 

Have you done the troubleshooting steps mentioned by Jessica? 

If it still didn't work, do try downloading the file from our Virtual Agent

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 168 of 179

Hi

I was also failed to download both revit and 3d max but I really need them in short. I tried to download a lot of timesbut still, failed. Then I tried to download the main programme of revit 2015 first then others utillities. Now, got the main progamme and the content library but i still can't get the material library...Problem not yet solved.... 

Message 169 of 179

uhmm hi ma'am i have the same problem regarding downloading the autocad i really need to have that and if did get it it would be a very big help, by the way im a student from the philippines

Message 170 of 179
faerografo

hi

i cant download any student sofware except mudbox

im using 64 bits , my internet conexion is ok and there is no firewall

thanx

Message 171 of 179

Hi @faerografo,

Do try downloading from the EDU site using the other download methods available. Also, you can directly download the Product from our Virtual Agent.

Prior to downloading, please do the following :

- Clear cache and delete cookies   

- Disable anti-virus and firewall

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 172 of 179
phatlamvinh

Hi, I am Vietnamese student. Yesterday I downloaded Autocad software from Student Community from this link: http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
But I had some problem about the install and I do not know why It failed. These is photos I took. Can you give me some help to solve this problem? I really need this software now. Thank you! 

2014-12-03_134459.jpg

2014-12-03_134441.jpg

Message 173 of 179
acad_lsgh

Thanks for the prompt response, as of now I am currently downloading the
software through "Virtual Agent". Will get back to you as soon as the
downloading is complete.

Best Regards
Message 174 of 179
acad_lsgh
in reply to: acad_lsgh

Thanks and I already downloaded the AutoCadd 2015 software.

Regards
GEORGE
Message 175 of 179
donna.pogoy

AutoCad 2013 for mac from student community says that's it's not available in my country what should i do???? please.

Message 176 of 179

Hi @donna.pogoy, 

I was able to pull up your EDU Account and verified that you have already downloaded AutoCAD for Mac 2013.

For the installation files, you can get it from our Virtual Agent. Prior to download, please clear cache and delete cookies. Make sure that you have disabled your firewall and anti-virus as well.

To locate your Student Serial #, see here for the steps. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 177 of 179
K3ntLee

Hi Joane,

I'm a Student from malaysia. I'm facing trouble on downloading the AutoCad as It stated the software is not available in some country. Perhaps you could help me to resolve this issue? As I really need this software in my studies. Thank you so much. Your assitance is truly appreciated.

Regards,
Kent Lee Kah Fei 

Message 178 of 179
edmarc12
in reply to: camilo.lemos

thanks sir camilo lemos this really helps me a lot and it works! great! thanks again 🙂

Message 179 of 179
jessica.t
in reply to: K3ntLee

Hi Kent Lee and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Free educational software is available world wide. If you're experiencing any access issues please try clearing the cookies and cache from your preferred browser. If any issues persists please let us know.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report