Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't disable App Manager

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
klflesher
5780 Views, 4 Replies

Can't disable App Manager

I am trying to create a shortcut for deploying from a network share, for the Autodesk Education Master Suite 2014. This is a training lab in a classroom, and I would rather not have the App Manager and Featured Apps plug-in installed. I am installing AutoCAD, Map 3D, and Civil 3D at the same time.

If I go into the configuration for AutoCAD and uncheck the App Manager and Featured Apps Plug-in option, I get a warning message/dialog that it will also be unchecked in the other 2 products, which is fine with me, I want it that way, so I choose Uncheck, and the box is unchecked. But, when I close this configuration window and return to the product list, if I go back into AutoCAD, they are checked again. They won't stay unchecked. The same thing happens if I uncheck them in Civil 3D or Map 3D.

How do I get them to stay unchecked in all 3 products? Or is there a way to disable them once the applications are installed?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
emily.xu
in reply to: klflesher

I tested on my machien, works well.Can you try again?

You can remove it from the Control Panel if you don't want it.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 5
klflesher
in reply to: emily.xu

Try again? I've tried it over a dozen times, on several machines. It doesn't work. Here's a video of what it's doing:

http://screencast.com/t/bLxSN4ejn

I've tried it every which way I can think of, and it will not let me leave those boxes unchecked. I also tried unchecking them, then immediately installing, and the features are being installed anyway.

Yes, I know I can manually uninstall the features AFTER the software is installed. But, guess what? They are still there! I can't get rid of them!

Message 4 of 5
emily.xu
in reply to: klflesher

Sorry for the late response. As you can see the video, it works well at my site.

http://screencast.com/t/8gOYkwZ5VjEf

Only one thing I can find is your UI is a little different from mine,less products list.I'm not sure why.This is download from our website.Where did you get the installation files?

As for uninstallation of APP manager, seems I can't uninstall it either, I need more time to research.

Thank you very much for your report and understanding.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 5 of 5
klflesher
in reply to: emily.xu

I have a deployment already setup on my server (another issue that never got resolved), so I am using the "Create & modify a deployment" tool to create another shortcut, using an existing one as a template.

When I initially created the first deployment, I de-selected the products from the menu that we didn't need, rather than eat up all the space on the server.  The initial deployment shortcut was pretty much with default settings, except that I did embed our S/N and key values. Seems to me that I can then use the tool to create a new shortcut, customized with the settins I need, that's the way it's always worked in the past.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report