Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Employee
kevin.moore
Message 11 of 57 (10,149 Views)

Re: Can't continue autocad 2012 setup!

05-05-2011 03:05 PM in reply to: kokobasha

See if Windows update KB982670 for .Net 4.0 is installed.  

This update is specifically for installing .Net 4.0

Also, Windows update KB2446708 for .Net 4.0.

Both of these windows updates can be installed prior to .Net 4.0 being installed.

The .Net 4.0 installer on the AutoCAD disc includes the language packs.

You can run .NET 4.0 setup directly from here:

CDROM

\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

kokobasha
Message 12 of 57 (10,145 Views)

05-05-2011 03:16 PM in reply to: kevin.moore

unfortunately I reinstalled windows and the AutoCAD installaion succeed,

thanks for your advice.

lasti556
Message 13 of 57 (10,007 Views)

05-24-2011 02:46 PM in reply to: kokobasha

I tried Kevin Moore's step-by-step and I am stilling recieving a fatal error:

Extracting x64\en-US\Tools\CADManager\Program Files\Autodesk\CAD Manager Tools\CMControl.exeExtracting x86\en-US\Components\adr2012\program files\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review 2012\DesignReview.exeExtracting 3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

CRC failed in 3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exeUnexpected end of archive

I cannot find anything in my temp folder that resempbles an error log. I am running Win7 home premium.

I see that my proplem is within the .net frameowrk. 

Thanks in advance, -Izak

Valued Contributor
TheRham
Message 14 of 57 (9,979 Views)

05-26-2011 10:58 AM in reply to: kokobasha

I've been using Autodesk products for 15 years, and this is already the worst startup I've had to deal with.  For starters, and this has long been a gripe of mine... every time a new version comes out, I have to search for the location of the serial number... "Oh right, "Coverage Report""... because THAT is intuitively obvious. /rolleyes.  Then I have to FIND the "Coverage Report" area... also, not intuitively obvious.  One of my coworkers managed to download the 64-bit version... that's not working (seems to think he's on a 32-bit system, which I can promise you he's not).  My download crapped out half way through, and I lost all progress.  At one point, I enter my login info, and I'm taken to a page saying "Page not found", with no links to other areas.  I'm not filled with confidence, here.

Valued Contributor
TheRham
Message 15 of 57 (9,970 Views)

05-26-2011 11:55 AM in reply to: TheRham

More problems... I tried changing the default distribution option (to automatically have disks sent)... clicking that, while signed in on the subscribed account, claimed to not have a subscription.  I did manage some progress having disks sent (gave up changing the default distribution), but when confirming my address, it asked to use a recommended address (basically just adding "US" to the addy), so I click OK... error, cannot proceed.  So I back up, and continue w/ the address as-is.  I get all the way to the end, the address line had reverted to an earlier form.  I've been up and down Autodesk's website today, and it has been a total trainwreck.  I'd love to give you the run down so you can fix it, but frankly, I don't have that kind of time.

Guess I'll have to wait for the three weeks delivery time..... awesome.

emi_100
Message 16 of 57 (9,917 Views)

05-29-2011 08:40 AM in reply to: TheRham

I think all problems are becouse of a deficient framework 4.

When i install it, all problems appeared. (i have to use a framework cleanup tool to delete it)

I donwload the full installer from the Microsoft site, but it's the same.

Framework 4 is the problem.

Employee
kevin.moore
Message 17 of 57 (9,872 Views)

05-31-2011 04:55 PM in reply to: lasti556

Hi,

Partial installations of .Net 4.0 will cause problems.

Make sure both parts of .Net 4.0 are installed  (see below)

Uninstall or change a program (Windows)

o Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

o Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended

If only one is installed, remove it and re-install from the AutoCAD 2012 CD or install folder (see post at the top of the page.)

I strongly recommend installing the most recent Windows Updates and rebooting before attempting to install .Net 4.0.

Then make sure the system has been rebooted again (post .NET 4.0 install) before attempting to install AutoCAD 2012.

- Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

teonet1
Message 18 of 57 (9,551 Views)

07-08-2011 04:35 PM in reply to: kevin.moore

kevin.moore wrote:

Hi,

Here are my tips for installing.   The most important part being, "Clean the Temp folder",  Run "Windows Update", REBOOT!, Don't run other applications, and Install.

Steps: 

1. Empty the Temp folder.

Enter %TEMP% in the Windows Explorer address bar.

Make sure no other programs are running and delete the contents Temp folder.  (Files in the Temp folder will go to the Recycle Bin.)

2. Windows Update

This step is optional, but I have found running Windows Update does cure many install problems.   Always reboot after running Windows Update.

3. Install .Net 4.0.    When warning comes up, there two messages:

One message to start the .Net 4.0 install process.

One message stating you must reboot.   Ignore this message until after .Net 4.0 is installed.

4. Reboot your system, so no folders or files are locked up; nor is “Pending Windows Updates” present.   (I check the Start menu.   If the Shutdown button has red highlighting, you should reboot the system.

5. Do not run other applications.   Do not run older versions of AutoCAD.

6. Install AutoCAD 2012

7. If AutoCAD fails to install, you will need to review these files:  (In your %TEMP% folder)

AutoCAD 2012 Setup.log                       - High level overview of the Install process for all products.

AutoCAD 2012 Install.log                       - Detailed install log for AutoCAD

AutoCAD 2012 Install (en-us).log       – Detailed install log for AutoCAD in a specific language

If you have an error, start with posting “AutoCAD 2012 Setup.log”.   Sometimes it is enough.

If you write a defect to Product Support, include all of the LOG files.

Sincerely,

Kevin Moore

I had
trouble installing autocad 2012, I followed the steps, but keeps coming I should install the framework 4 or above, uninstall and reinstalled and still the same, delete the temp folder and nothing.
what else can you do to install windows 7 if this date.
personally this version is very complicated to install .... I can do?

Employee
kevin.moore
Message 19 of 57 (9,518 Views)

07-11-2011 11:50 AM in reply to: teonet1

Hi,

Install .NET 4.0 before installing AutoCAD.

1.  Reboot your system.

2. Install .NET 4.0 from the AutoCAD install disc or DVD.

Assuming your DVD is D:

Run

D:\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

This will install .NET 4.0

Assuming you have downloaded AutoCAD

Run

C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_2012_English_Win_32bit\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

This will install .NET 4.0

3. Reboot your system.  (Must be done after installing .NET 4.0)

Now, the AutoCAD Setup.exe installer should install AutoCAD without asking for .NET 4.0 to be installed.

Thank you,

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

lasti556
Message 20 of 57 (9,511 Views)

07-11-2011 12:22 PM in reply to: kevin.moore

I just wanted to add something from my own experiance. 

I was downloading the installer for AutoCAD 2012 and was using a wireless connection that periodically times out. several times when this happened, I would not notice the connection had stopped. I checked the download bar and the installed looked to be finished. I would get 2/3rds of the way through the process and it would say "end of archive". It took me 3 attempts before I realized I needed a wired connection. This was after updateing the .net 4 framework and working with all the tips (including the registry edit) I had found in this thread. 

After the installation package had a fair chance to fully download, it installed on the first try. 

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.