Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't continue autocad 2012 setup!

56 REPLIES 56
Message 1 of 57
ma7am
38893 Views, 56 Replies

Can't continue autocad 2012 setup!

Hello,

I recently downloded AutoCAD 2012 from autodesk site, then I extracted the file, but when I  choose Install and the setup beginning it's install 1st Net framework 4 and after the progress bar comes end the setup restart windows and nothing happening after that, every time I try to install AutoCAD it's do the restarting again after the Net framework step.

I installed Net framework manually from microsoft but the problem is still happening.

Could anyone know how to fix this problem?

56 REPLIES 56
Message 21 of 57
cannabis68
in reply to: lasti556

I try all in this post but i'm really tired to try install autocad 2012 and Inventor 2011 but the same error appears You computer is ussing an unsupported version of Microsoft .NET Frameworks, And I'm really desperate I need to run Inventor 

Message 22 of 57
cannabis68
in reply to: cannabis68

well, I downloaded this tool http://frameworkdetector.codeplex.com/

Apparently mi pc doesn't have the NetFramework Installed altouhgt I have installed from the Autocad 2012 DVD and Microsoft servers, even in the installed programs in Windows the NetFrameworks appears like installed, here some pictures, I hope this can help... 

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/810/16082011025805pm.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/16082011025642pm.jpg/ 

Message 23 of 57

Hello cannabis68,

Could you please attach the installation log of Inventor 2011 here? it's under your %temp% folder.

For example, for AutoCAD 2012, it's:

AutoCAD 2012 Setup.log                       - High level overview of the Install process for all products.

AutoCAD 2012 Install.log                       - Detailed install log for AutoCAD

AutoCAD 2012 Install (en-us).log       – Detailed install log for AutoCAD in a specific language

Regards,

Helen

Message 24 of 57

here the log

Message 25 of 57

Hello,

Sorry that I want to double confirm with you whether you have tried the below steps:

1. Uninstall the .Net 4.0 from your machine

2. Install the .Net 4 from our Autodesk Inventor installation package, which can be found under 3rd Party folder.

3. Restart OS

4. Install Inventor again

I tried the .Net Framework detector tool you mentioned in my machine with .Net 4 preinstalled, but I cannot see it's listed in its result either. 🙂

How about you try with this tool to have a check? http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html

Regards,

Helen

Message 26 of 57

Sorry, I gave up, I reinstalled windows again and use windous update to download the fremeworsk 4, I colud install inventor 2012, anyway thanks for all suport.

Message 27 of 57
tomryckaert
in reply to: cannabis68

Hello, 

trying to install Autocad LT 2012 I am occurring the same problem mentioned in this topic. Is there one exact solution to avoid the shutting down of my computer during the installation process (just when the Net Framework 4 progress bar is completed)?

I have tried all the things suggested here by everyone (installing windows updates, reinstalling the net framework from the autocad dvd (3rd party...), cleaning the %TEMP% folder, ... )

Thank you!

Tom

Message 28 of 57

Hello tomryckaert,

Could you please attach the installation log of Inventor 2011 here? it's under your %temp% folder.

For example,

for AutoCAD 2012, it's:

AutoCAD 2012 Setup.log - High level overview of the Install process for all products.

AutoCAD 2012 Install.log - Detailed install log for AutoCAD

AutoCAD 2012 Install (en-us).log – Detailed install log for AutoCAD in a specific language

And could you please use the tool I mentioned in previous post to detect that .Net framework you have installed in your PC and attach the result here?

You can download it from http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html

Regards,

Helen

Message 29 of 57

Hello Helen, 

I've attached 2 log files: in the first are several attempts to installation visible, and are errors (1603) displayed with net framework 2 and 4. The second log file was made after i cleaned (and back'upped) the %TEMP% folder.

Thanks for help!

Tom

Message 30 of 57
tomryckaert
in reply to: tomryckaert

... and I've tried your program : screenshot attached.

Thanks!

Tom

Message 31 of 57

Hello tomryckaert,

From the figure you attached, looks like to me that the .Net Framework installed in your PC has no difference from mine.

I noticed in your first log, your machine has an error 1502 which is MS error code about The requested control is not valid for this service. And you failed during .Net Framework 2.0 installation. However in the second log, there is nothing recorded but just restart your machine directly when you launch the setup.exe? Any error message box?

2 suggestions for you: (Please be noticed that for suggestion #2, I didn't try that by myself. and the free tool link is from PCError.info site.)

1. Try with clean installation on XP or Vista from the link - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2893432&linkID=9240617

2. Fix Error 1502 with a free tool from internet and install again if possible. I searched a link here- http://www.pcerror.info/errorcontent/error%201052.html

Regards,

Helen

Message 32 of 57

Hello Helen, 

for solution 1: I don't know if that applies to me, because te PC I want to install autocad on is Windows 7.

I will try to look what I can do with sollution 2.

You will probably hear more from me...

Kind regards, 

Tom

Message 33 of 57
kevin.moore

Hi Tom,

I noticed you are installing from E:   Is that a DVD drive?

Are you installing AutoCAD LT in English or another language?

From the Setup.LOG file, I can't tell exactly where the installation fails.   Can you identify the last point where the install fails?

1. Setup landing page.

2. EULA dialog

3. Product Information (license) dialog

4. Configure Installation dialog (Select AutoCAD LT and/or Autodesk Design Review).

5. Press Install -> Install Complete dialog

Alternative tests.  

Can you see if you are able to install only Autodesk Design Review.

Can you see if you are able to install only AutoCAD LT.

We had another customer that could not get past installing .NET 4.0.

It turned out he had a virus on the registry keys, dispite running two anti-virus programs.

Malwarebytes antivirus took it off

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 34 of 57
tomryckaert
in reply to: kevin.moore

Hi Kevin, 

The installation stops and computer shuts down at the point where .net framework 4 progressbar is at the end. (step 2 of 8 in the installation).

I am indeed installing from the dvd drive, and in english.

Also did a scan with malwarebytes: no result.

Greetings, 

Tom

Message 35 of 57
kevin.moore

HI,

.NET 4.0 from the CD 

e:\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

This is running the Microsoft installer directly.   Autodesk has done nothing to it. 

It should install .NET 4.0 and put up a message at the end.

1. Clean the Temp folder.

2. Run Windows Update and Rebot.  I often do this more than once to get the

3. Run .NET 4.0   directly from the DVD.

e:\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

4. In the Temp folder should be a LOG file for .NET 4.0.   Post that up if it does not complete.

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 36 of 57
bobby
in reply to: ma7am

I am having the same issue, we had .Net4 already installed, I wiped the TEMP folders, did a disk cleanup, ran a defrag, uninstalled .N4 rebooted, let autoCAD2k12 start it's install with the mandatory .Net4 Install, and it still failed.  As a member of the IT community for over 15 years, why not create an option to bypass the .Net4 install for those who are having issues and/or those who already have it installed.

Message 37 of 57
dad353
in reply to: ma7am

Greetings all;

I had the same problem and tried all the solutions to no avail.  Until I installed Windows 7 .net frameworks 4.5 beta.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Signatures-Updates/NET-Framework.shtml

After this install the installation of Autocad progessed without a hitch.

Message 38 of 57
bobby
in reply to: HelenChen-Autodesk

That did not fix the issue, installed the .Net4.5 Beta, I also tried disabling the .Net Services, no affect.  I can NOT install with or WITHOUT .NET 4 installed.

Message 39 of 57

I would recommend against installing .NET 4.5 beta unless you want to test the beta.   I do know that .NET 4.0 BETA did not work with the release of AutoCAD 2012 and some customers had to replace it the shipping .NET 4.0.

Can you add the log file     AutoCAD 2012 Setup.log

Located in temp folder.   Enter %temp% in Windows Explorer to get to the temp folder.

This will help us to see why install is failing.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 40 of 57
bobby
in reply to: kevin.moore

Here you go

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report