Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15
CBrown31
898 Views, 14 Replies

Can't activate

I am high school student trying to activate Autodesk Inventor on my computer (Dell Inspiron 620s Windows 7SP1) and not having any luck. My 30 day trial has run out and when I click on the activate button all I get is the mostly blank popup window (2 radio buttons visible). I've gone through the suggestions here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617 and they don't seem to help. I can't seem to find any phone number to call for help.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
jessica.t
in reply to: CBrown31

Hello Carter and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please try these solutions to help resolve your blank activation issue:

Solution One

Solution Two

Solution Three

I hope that one of these solutions works for you! If not, please respond to this post with further details.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 15
CBrown31
in reply to: jessica.t

Seriously??? The first two links are to posts from 2010! After reading a few hits from a google search I've seen references to uninstall IE 9 and use IE 8 even - IE is at 11 right now. If it takes this much tweaking to install a software package I think Autodesk needs to fix something. I'm still not having any success.
Message 4 of 15
CBrown31

As for the suggestions on this link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617 #1 - I'm currently running IE11 on Win7SP1. There isn't a version of IE8 for WIN7 #2 - Not applicable IE11 #3 - Did not help #4 - Did not help #5 - Did not help (values were already set correctly) #6 - Did not help (values were already set correctly) I also tried running from an admin account - did not help. I've tried the online activation but it asks for a Product Request Code - which I guess it will give me when I can the popup to work....
Message 5 of 15
jessica.t

I understand your frustration and I apologize that the activation process has been difficult. We continue to re-use solutions from previous years as they remain as solutions and continue to assist others with the same issue.

This solution has also been popular amongst users. It was embedded in one of the other threads but I do want to be thorough.

Out of all of the material that you have read and I have provided what exactly have you done to troubleshoot? Have you tried a good old fashioned uninstall and reinstall? It would be helpful to know so we can move forward.

Thank you for working with us to resolve this issue.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 15
CBrown31

As I previously mentioned, I am running Windows 7 SP 1 (not 8 or 8.1) As for the solution link you provided, neither of them have helped. I am running IE 11 and have gone into the security options and enabled all ActiveX settings, as well as all Active Scripting settings. I have not tried to uninstall and re-install yet - Inventor was working fine while running in trial mode. !@#$!
Message 7 of 15
jessica.t

Thank you for the additional information and we appreciate that you have completed much of the troubleshooting. But I must recommend that you try rolling back your Internet Explorer to version 8.

We are aware that this is not ideal and truly is an inconvenience but after you get your activation processed you will be able to revert back to the Internet Explorer 11.

Thanks again,

Jessica Thrasher
Message 8 of 15
CBrown31

If you check the Internet Explorer Download page, there isn't a version available for Windows 7 (or 8 or 8.1)... http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-8-details.aspx I suppose now I need to roll back my OS?
Message 9 of 15
CBrown31

I just tried to install IE 8 for Vista 64 bit and it told me IE 8 is not supported on my OS (Win 7 SP1)
Message 10 of 15
CBrown31

Since my post I have since removed IE11, then removed IE10, then removed IE9 and finally got back to IE8. This did not help. I uninstalled Inventor (and all the other AutoDesk pieces) and re-installed. Still only get a blank window with 2 radio buttons. This is ridiculous!!!!
Message 11 of 15
CBrown31

If I right click in the blank popup and then select properties, then copy/pasted the URL into Google chrome I get a window with my Product, Serial, Key, and Request code. I took this information to the online activation page and received and activation code. I went back to the Google chrome page and selected that I had and activation code, entered it, and then got a page that said only Congratulation or Success (I don't recall which - but it was all that was on the screen). When I start Inventor it still tells me my trial has expired, and if I click Activate I get the same blank popup. I right clicked again, selected properties and copy/pasted that into Chrome and tried to active again - this time it complained that I was reactivating and gave me a link to click on. I had to re-enter my information again an now I've got a new activation code, but I don't how I can activate!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 12 of 15
CBrown31

Let's start over...

When I start up Inventory I get this (Inventor1.jpg)..

I can't close that window unless I right click on the icon in the taskbar and select close (Inventor2.jpg)...

Then I get the main Inventor window that says my trial has expired and presents me with an "Activate" button.   If I click on that I get the large blank popup with 2 radio buttons.

Message 13 of 15
CBrown31

I then close Inventor and restart.  This time when the small popup appears - as showin in the Inventor1.jpg, I right click in the popup and select properties.  I copy the URL shown, then past that into google chrome.   Then I get what's shown in Inventor6.jpg.  

I clicked on the "Please click here to activate our vitural agent..", entered the requested information, and the got a new activation code.

I restarted Inventory, closed the first small popup, then clicked on the Activate button.  Again I got the large blank popup with two radio buttons.  Again I right clicked in that popup and selected properties.  I copied the URL and pasted it into google chrome.  Then I got what's show in Inventor7a.jpg.

I selected I have an activation code from Autodesk and clicked next.

Message 14 of 15
CBrown31

In the next window I entered my activation code (Inventor7b.jpg) and presssed next.

I then got what's shown in Inventor7c.jpg - which says I should be good to go.

But when I start Inventor nothing has changed, I still get the small popup.... which I close, and then get the main Inventor screen which says my trial has expired.

Looking back at Inventor7c.jpg - it says that a copy of my activation information has been saved to <filename> - that file does not exist.

Can anyone help?   Is there any hope that will ever work?

Message 15 of 15
grace.liu

Hi CBrown31,

Welcome to the Community!

This looks like an issue of user right. May I know if you have the full control to the path C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet ? If not, please add the 'Everyone' user to this folder and give the full control. Then try to reactivate the product.

Thanks,

Grace Liu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report