Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate Revit LT 2013

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
architex2009
2321 Views, 11 Replies

Can't activate Revit LT 2013

I'm trying to activate Trial version of Revit LT 2013. The program took serial number, but not the Product Key.

As I continue with activation, a blank Licensing window opens and 'hangs'.

Can't get Product Request Code!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
philip.s
in reply to: architex2009

Hello Alex,

Does the blank activation screen look like the one linked here? If so can you try the suggested workarounds?

If not, can you please reply with additional details.

Message 3 of 12
architex2009
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip, I'm using Firefox as browser. As I tried to activate my Free Trial copy of Revit LT, the program only asked for serial number. The first screen shows the Product License Information window with correct serial number but incorrect product key! Updating it doesn't change anything. When trying to activate, I get next two screens attached. Hope you can help me. Thank you, Alex Svirsky
Message 4 of 12
camilo.lemos

Hi Alex, 

Firstly, here is a list of product keys for our 2013 products.

I'm not able to see your attachments but could you give this solution a try and let me know if it works?

Thank you.

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 12
architex2009
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi Camilo, There are no keys in that table for Revit LT Suite 2013 or Revit LT 2013 !!! And that could be the larger issue, as the above products are NOT on most of Autodesk 'selection lists'. I do have the product key that I received in the e-mail from Autodesk. The problem is that program doesn't let me input the key. In addition to this, my Subscription Center is all 'screwed-up' as it lists no eligible products. I can't download another version of the program and try to reinstall it. Alex
Message 6 of 12
camilo.lemos

Hi Alex, 

Sorry to hear the solution above wasn't helpful. 

Let me just try to understand this correctly: are you completely unable to type the Product Key or can you type it in but it's not accepted?

Looking at your Subscription Contract, the only product I see currently under subscription is an AutoCAD Revit LT Suite 2013. The product key for the suite is 834E1. I also see that the product was successfully activated yesterday. Can you confirm that please?

The Revit LT 2013 you mentioned, is it the one contained in the suite, or was it purchased separately?

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 7 of 12
architex2009
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi Camilo, Here is the story: On January 11, I've downloaded 30-day Free Trial version of Revit LT 2013 and started to work on a new project. On January 17, I've purchased Revit LT Suite 2013 with Subscription form Microcad (local reseller) On February 1, I've received Welcome e-mail from Autodesk with contract number, serial number and product key. On February 2, I tried to activate the software; the program first asked for serial number only, then displayed activation screen and then a completely blank Autodesk Licensing window. Now, if I open Product License Information window it displays correct Serial Number, incorrect Product Key (828E1) and lists an expiration date of February 10, 2013. Trying to Update this only asks for Serial Number again. Trying to Activate this puts me back in the same loop again with the blank window. I have then decided to download a new installation of the product from my Subscription Center. But, when I log-in, I get a strange Home screen with no resources: The Help link opens new window with my Express ID number, but no eligible products or phone numbers. The Support Request link has my name and contract number, but also no available products. On February 4, I've downloaded another trial version of Revit LT now on my laptop. This time I was able to input the Serial Number and Product Key, and activated the program. I received Activation Code e-mail. I then tried to log-in to Autodesk Support using the Activation Code, but keep getting Error message of incorrect code. I've tried this 4 times with 4 different Activation Codes! I need to somehow activate my 'main' software installation and I also need to use my Subscription Center. Please let me know how to proceed. Thank you, Alex
Message 8 of 12

Dear Alex,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I've just sent you an e-mail with details on how to proceed.

The reason for the installation/activation issues is due to some confusion. The fact is that you downloaded the trial version of Autodesk Revit LT 2013, but you actually own the license for AutoCAD Revit LT Suite 2013. As these are 2 distinct products, they have different product keys:

Autodesk Revit LT 2013 - Product Key: 828E1

Autodesk Revit LT Suite 2013 - Product Key: 834E1

Moreover, the serial number which you received following your purchase corresponds to Revit LT Suite and can therefore not be used to activate the trial version of Autodesk Revit LT 2013 (but it can be used to activate the Revit LT included in your Revit LT Suite).

Regarding Subscription Center, to download your product, you need to click on the yellow button 'Get Your Upgrade' on the welcome page. This will redirect you to the Download page. To view the download file, you then need to click on the release button ('2013') below the product name.

We still need to solve the problem with your access to the Technical Support in Subscription Center. When logging a Technical Support case, you should normally be able to view & select your product after clicking on the magnifying glass (next to 'Product') and then on 'Search' (in the pop up window). But this is not happening at the moment. I'll look into that and will let you know.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards.

Simona Golisciano
Message 9 of 12
tosbenson

Is Revit compactibile with windows 8. I just upgraded to windows 8 pro and i dont think my revit is working.

Message 10 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: tosbenson

no its not

do a search on these forums for windows 8: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=windows+8

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
tosbenson

That sucks! does this mean i have to get windows7? do they know when they are expecting an update?

Message 12 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: tosbenson

thats up to you

thats why its always a good idea to do research first before going to a new OS

there is no expected update yet

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report