Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

rupertroderick
Message 1 of 2 (472 Views)

Can't activate network maya 2011 licence - Windows 7

472 Views, 1 Replies
01-09-2013 06:51 AM
Hi,

I downloaded a 'previous version' of maya 2011 (i have bought 2013)

Autodesk sent me a license file on our request, unfortunately its still not working. 

I saved the license file in C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\Licenses
 When I run Maya 2011 I see the FLEXnet licence finder window (attached).

I click next and browse to the license file that was sent but when I go forward I get these errors (attached):

I followed the steps in How to Configure your Network License Server but it doesn't make any difference. 
If I choose to specify the license server system and then enter the hostname of the machine, I get the 'Networking error' dialog box (attached).

Autodesk is answering emails at the speed of 1 a day. I really need 2011 running before tomorrow. it's been 3 days now. I can't believe that the seemingly most viable option is to download a hack of 2011 when i have paid for this!

help apperciated. so urgent

Thanks
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 2 (438 Views)

Re: Can't activate network maya 2011 licence - Windows 7

01-10-2013 08:49 AM in reply to: rupertroderick

-15 either means that your License Manager (NLM) isn't running or a firewall is blocking it (or the dreaded IPv6 incompatibility issue.)

I have many fixes listed for this in my signature line.

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.