Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

rupertroderick
Message 1 of 2 (480 Views)

Can't activate network maya 2011 licence - Windows 7

480 Views, 1 Replies
01-09-2013 06:51 AM
Hi,

I downloaded a 'previous version' of maya 2011 (i have bought 2013)

Autodesk sent me a license file on our request, unfortunately its still not working. 

I saved the license file in C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\Licenses
 When I run Maya 2011 I see the FLEXnet licence finder window (attached).

I click next and browse to the license file that was sent but when I go forward I get these errors (attached):

I followed the steps in How to Configure your Network License Server but it doesn't make any difference. 
If I choose to specify the license server system and then enter the hostname of the machine, I get the 'Networking error' dialog box (attached).

Autodesk is answering emails at the speed of 1 a day. I really need 2011 running before tomorrow. it's been 3 days now. I can't believe that the seemingly most viable option is to download a hack of 2011 when i have paid for this!

help apperciated. so urgent

Thanks
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 2 (446 Views)

Re: Can't activate network maya 2011 licence - Windows 7

01-10-2013 08:49 AM in reply to: rupertroderick

-15 either means that your License Manager (NLM) isn't running or a firewall is blocking it (or the dreaded IPv6 incompatibility issue.)

I have many fixes listed for this in my signature line.

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.