Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate AutoCAD Architecture 2011

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ericvoo
1055 Views, 4 Replies

Can't activate AutoCAD Architecture 2011

I can't activate AutoCAD Architecture 2011 Educational on my Windows 7 64bit laptop!

Activation screen crashes as I click on "Activate".

Windows return a message saying "Autodesk component has stopped working".

After clicking the message I can't do anything with ACAD frozen but to kill process via Windows Task Manager.

What can I do to use the software?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: ericvoo

Try launching it as another user with local admin rights, or just run as Administrator.  See if it works better.  Also, you might try updating your IE and make sure it is your default browser.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
ericvoo
in reply to: TravisNave

Tried all of you mentioned, computer running windows 7 64bit with Internet explorer 10, won't work.

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: ericvoo

It's possible that the problem is IE10, actually.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
ericvoo
in reply to: TravisNave

I think so, my last attempt was install Revit 2014, and LMU crashes without fail on startup. I resorted to uninstall IE10 (before your reply) and it actually works, I don't even need to click anything to activate. It did everything on startup automatically and I received an email saying activation successful in seconds.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report