Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't activate autocad 2014(student version)

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
10468 Views, 22 Replies

can't activate autocad 2014(student version)

I downloaded autocad 2014, and for some reason I can't activate it.

An error appears trying to find the license.

It took me so long to download this huge program file and now I can't even open it. Very frustrating....

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
pendean
in reply to: 041314855

During what exact step/phase of installation did the error occur?
CDan you post a screenshot of the error message?
Message 3 of 23
TravisNave

Welcome to the community. 

Many people are experiencing this issue.  You might check this KB about the 2014 activation crash and see if it applies to your issue.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21825687&linkID=12305695

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 23

It happens while checking the license. A box appears that says " Please wait while your license is being verified." Then another box appears saying that the program has to be stopped due to a probem.
Message 5 of 23
philip.s

Hello Geena,

Some users have had success turning off their antivirus software to get past the checking license freeze / crash. Can you please give that a shot and let us know how it goes?

Message 6 of 23

I tried turning off antivirus software, and I still can't get the problem solved. Seems like it is something else...
Message 7 of 23
s080068

Did you find a solution yet?

I'm experiencing the exact same problem only with Revit 2014.

Message 8 of 23
s080068
in reply to: s080068

However I have had no problems with installing and running Robot 2014

Message 9 of 23
s080068
in reply to: s080068

I just installed a 30-day trial version of Revit 2014, however this changed nothing, the program still crashes when launched even though it isn't trying to verify the license no more. So could it be that the problem isn't the license?

Message 10 of 23
margea370
in reply to: philip.s

Untitled.jpg

Hello! I am facing this problem as well. Downloaded AutoCad 2014 (student version) and cannot put in my license numbers, since it stays like this (as in the picture above) and doesn't change. Is there any other way to work out license? 

Message 11 of 23
byron.morales
in reply to: margea370

Hello Margea,

Please try the following. Close all programs then:

1. Rename the following file by adding a .bak extension at the end of the filename.

Windows XP    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*_tsf.data

Vista/Windows 7
   C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*_tsf.data

(note this is a hidden file and you might need to enable show hidden files under folder options)

This file contains all activations for all 2010 and newer Autodesk products.  You will need to re-register all your products if this file is renamed/deleted.

2. Restart AutoCAD and it will automatically re-register via Register Today and it will start up as expected.   A new adskflex_*_tsf.data file will be created when you re-register your product.

If you are prompted for manual activation please contact usat 1-800-551-1490 press 1 for English and press 1 again for StandAlone.

If the issue persist after performing the above steps please review the following knowledge base article poreviosuly shared by Travis on an earlier post Reply:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21825687&linkID=12305695

Let us know the results.

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 12 of 23
dembkod

margea370,

Hello. Your blank screen is likely a result of having Internet Explorer 10 installed. Uninstall it.

1. In the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs and Features
  2. Click Turn Windows features on or off
  3. Uncheck the Internet Explorer 10 box and click "OK". Let the process run
  4. After the system finishes processing, reboot the machine
  5. In the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs and Features
  6. Click "View Installed Updates"
  7. Locate the update for Internet Explorer 10 and select it and click "Uninstall" at the top of the screen.
  8. Let the process complete and reboot.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 13 of 23
margea370
in reply to: byron.morales

Thank you for information Byron,

I checked for C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*_tsf.data and could not find this exact file. How should I re-register my products?

Message 14 of 23
margea370
in reply to: dembkod

Thank you David!

Autocad activated itself and everything works well now!

Message 15 of 23

I tried to do as suggested, but there is no "FLEXnet\adskflex_*_tsf.data" in the folder C\ProgramData.

I am using Windows 7.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Message 16 of 23
goutham149

i am facing the same problem what to do

Message 17 of 23
glenobie
in reply to: goutham149

Tried all posted solutions with no effect.

Message 18 of 23
glenobie
in reply to: glenobie

BTW, I'm trying to get the licensing window on the screen for 3ds Max. I get the serial number window, and I get it to send me an activation code, but I never get a window for entering the activation code. Instead, I just get the serial number window to pop up again.

Message 19 of 23
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: glenobie

Glen,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and a screenshot of the error so I can check on my end. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 20 of 23
maisaid

hi. i have the same issue i cant activate my autocad licesne it gives me a blank screen or two buttons. i unistalled internet explorer and i also unistalled autocad altogether and downloaded it again. still nothing. please help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report