Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate autocad 2013 serial number invalid error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1497 Views, 3 Replies

Can't activate autocad 2013 serial number invalid error

Dear Sir / Madam,
We are trying reinstall the autocad autodesk 2013 version,due to Hard disk damage and we are not able to use the auto desk componennt to transfer the license to autodesk server to park over there for the "utility license transfer" is malfunction ,due to we did it from the bad sector hard disk.
however we decide to change the new hard disk and try reinstall the autodesk autocad but not success.
Thus,
we got 2 CD ,the 1st cd is  autocaD 2013 with serial number  , the 2nd cd with autocad 2013 label upgrade version without serial number.
may i know which CD should i use to install. previously we are using the upgrade CD to install , now the old hard disk has been spoilt due to bad sector.
however for this time I'm using the 1st cd to install autocaD 2013 with serial number entered but i fail to activate online it show  serial number invalid error, should i run install using 2nd cd as well? hope you can help reply as soon as possible

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
muhammad.farhan.abdul.manan
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Ang88 and welcome to the forums,

Do Drop me a personal message (Click on my muhammad.farhan.abdul.manan profile name and then send this user a private message) with the following details:

Serial number(s)
Request code / Host Name & Host ID
Company name (if license is registered to an organization)

or contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Muhammad Farhan Abdul Manan

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

hi may i know how to check host name / host ID. request code it is the one prompt one the autocad screen,that when going to do activation right? thx

Message 4 of 4
Raimi.Buang

Hello ang88

You may refer to the following link to find out more - How to find your Host Name and Physical Address

We need the Host Name and Host ID only for Networked licenses.

Yes the request code is the one shown on the activation screen when you try to activate the software. If your license is for Standalone, please refer to this link - How to find your request code

Raimi Buang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report