Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not install 2011 products

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
jmeltonSSP
738 Views, 17 Replies

Can not install 2011 products

When trying to install either Navis or Revit Architecture 2011 I get a Failed - Error opening installation log file and it will not install. it also says to look at the Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2011 Setup.log for more information, but I can not find the log file

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
TravisNave
in reply to: jmeltonSSP

Are you installing with local admin rights?  Also, what OS are you installing it on and is your Windows profile local or roaming? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 18
jmeltonSSP

OS is Windows 7 64bit installed on local machine and i have administrative rights. I have a laptop with the same OS and admin rights and i did not have any problems installing on that machine. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but i am having another issue trying to log on to the subscription center with the same Desktop computer. i can log on from this one but it says that i have the wrong user id or password on the Desktop machine?

Thanks,

Jeremey

Message 4 of 18
TravisNave

Right-click the setup.exe and choose Run as Administrator.  See if you get any different results. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 18
jmeltonSSP
in reply to: TravisNave

i have tried that and that does not work either

Message 6 of 18
TravisNave

Go to start and type %temp% in the box.  This is where your installation log file should be. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 18
jmeltonSSP

i do not see the log file?

Message 8 of 18
TravisNave

Run the installer again.  Maybe it will create it.  View by details and sort by date.  If it is there, you should be able to find it. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 18
jmeltonSSP

no such luck it still is not in the temp folder

Message 10 of 18
TravisNave

Are you installing this from disc media?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 18
jmeltonSSP

Download from the subscription center

Message 12 of 18
TravisNave

Might be a corrupted download in that case.  You might consider downloading again or acquiring the physical media. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 18
jmeltonSSP

it's not corrupted, i did not have any problems installing in my portable workstation. i do not believe that it is the file.

Message 14 of 18
TravisNave

Alright then.  It's something wrong with that machine.  Might need to figure out what is going wrong.  What is your version of Windows Installer?  To find out, type MSIEXEC in your run box from Start. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 18
jmeltonSSP

V 5.0.7600.16385

Message 16 of 18
TravisNave

Well, that's a new version.  Something is amiss on that machine.  It's going to be hard to diagnose over a forum.  Do you have a service contract with a reseller?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 18
jmeltonSSP

Yes, i guess i will have to just get our it department involved. i was hoping that it was something simple.

Thanks,

Message 18 of 18
TravisNave

Unlikely.  If your download has been validated as working on another machine, then you know that both the download and the program itself is fine.  Now it's up to diagnosing your problem machine. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report