Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can LMTools be run from a client ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
813 Views, 5 Replies

Can LMTools be run from a client ?

Can LMTools be run from a client computer to watch license usage etc? I am able to do this with the old Elm ADLM. I can see all the distributed servers and how many licenses are being used etc. Is this possible with the flexLM ?

Thanks;
Nick
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Nick -

Short answer, Yes.

Just install the adlm on the machine but don't ever set up a server. Run the lmtools.exe. Configure using services radio button.
Server Status Tab. Type in the server name in the Server Name Box and click the Perform status enquiry button.

jason martin
assistant idiot
frankfurt-short-bruza
www.fsb-ae.com/acadnetwork/acadnetworkfaq.htm

"nickseman" wrote in message news:f08bb61.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Can LMTools be run from a client computer to watch license usage etc? I am able to do this with the old Elm ADLM. I can see all
the distributed servers and how many licenses are being used etc. Is this possible with the flexLM ?
> Thanks;
> Nick
>
>
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Jason:
Thanks for the reply. I tried what you recommended however I get the following reply:

Flexible License Manager status on Thu 10/11/2001 15:36

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
Error getting status: Cannot find license file
The license files (or server network addresses) attempted are listed below. Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file, or contact your software provider for a license file.
Filename: C:\flexlm\license.dat
License path: C:\flexlm\license.dat
FLEXlm error: -1,359. System Error: 2 "No such file or directory"
For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual,
available at "www.globetrotter.com".

Any further ideas? - Thanks, Nick
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

It's looking for a license file on your C drive????
Is there anything in the Path to license file box on the configure services tab (on the workstation)??

Also, and I don't know what you need but, what kind of rights do you have to the adlm server?? (logged in as whatever account you
are running the lmtools.exe from)?

jason

"nickseman" wrote in message news:f08bb61.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Jason:
> Thanks for the reply. I tried what you recommended however I get the following reply:
> Flexible License Manager status on Thu 10/11/2001 15:36
>
> [Detecting lmgrd processes...]
> Error getting status: Cannot find license file
> The license files (or server network addresses) attempted are listed below. Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file,
or contact your software provider for a license file.
> Filename: C:\flexlm\license.dat
> License path: C:\flexlm\license.dat
> FLEXlm error: -1,359. System Error: 2 "No such file or directory"
> For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual,
> available at "www.globetrotter.com".
>
> Any further ideas? - Thanks, Nick
>
>
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Jason:

I have all necessary priviledges to access the license server. I can not get the LMtools to look anywhere other than the C drive on my "client" machine. Do I need a system variable similar to the acadserver= in the previous releases?

Nick
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

No, you shouldn't. I don't have any. When I run the status enquiry mine is also wanting to look at one of my old adlm servers and I
don't know why. I've searched my registry for this entry and it's not there. I'll keep looking and try to get it to work.

You might try (and I've never tried this so who knows) setting the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE to \\adlmserver\c$\Program
Files\adlm\license\adlm.lic (whatever the path from your machine to the license file is) and see what you get.

???

jason

"nickseman" wrote in message news:f08bb61.3@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Jason:
> I have all necessary priviledges to access the license server. I can not get the LMtools to look anywhere other than the C drive
on my "client" machine. Do I need a system variable similar to the acadserver= in the previous releases?
>
> Nick
>
>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report