Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use 2 different groups to control license in the Options file?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jason
401 Views, 2 Replies

Can I use 2 different groups to control license in the Options file?

I have 5 machines that have the full Infrastructure Design Suite Premium on them.  4 are dedicated machines for users.  1 is in our conference room and would be used in meetings at times.

We have 4 IDSP licenses and 9 C3D licenses.

What I would like to do is allow the conference room machine to use the IDSP license when available as we would only have one of the four dedicated users operating the software.  At other times it would use the C3D license if needed.

What I did was a RESERVE statement to reserve the 4 IDSP licenses to a group that included the five users (4 + conference room).

I then created another group which only included the four dedicated users and excluded them from the C3D licenses.  

However it didn't work.  I can use an IDSP license when available but when it is not, I cannot open a C3D license.

We are using 2012 software.

Any help would be really appreciated .

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: jason

For 2012 Civil, you may need to run a minor update to get it to read an IFDS license.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/06/autodesk-suites-civil-3d-infrastructure-suite-lic...

I would also try using the PACKAGE code when trying the options file as well.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/05/general-licensing-using-the-wwwlicenseparsercom-t...

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
jason
in reply to: david.lau

The patch worked.  I had forgotten to install it on the conference room computer.

I will look into the PACKAGE code, I have never used that before.

Thanks David!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report