Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change BORROW=4320?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
549 Views, 3 Replies

Can I change BORROW=4320?

We are upgrading to AutoCAD 2006 and using NLM to distribute our licenses. We would like to change the maximum borrow time though and the only information I've been able to find about changing this involves creating an options file.

Can I not just change the BORROW=4320 value in the license file itself?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry can't help there.
You're gonna have to wait for travis or Cy to show up.
Did you ask your reseller?

John Postlewait
IS Department
George Butler Associates, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave

Sorry John, I am in Minneapolis this week getting certified on the new rapid prototyping 3D printer we are selling.

Anyway, to answer the question...

You can change the borrow time for the license. However, you can't just change the license file. Any modification to that file will make the file invalid and the NLM will not read it.

First of all, you need to know that 4320 is the maximum time a license can be borrowed. This is approximately 6 months. This value was changed in 2006 (up from 30 days.) This means that if you wanted to increase the maximum time beyond this, you are out of luck. If you want to make this less, then this is possible.

You do, in fact, need to make an options file. This is not hard. The file must be called adskflex.opt and it must be placed in the same License folder of your NLM that your .LIC file is in. Just open Notepad to do this.

Your options file will need the following information inside:

MAX_BORROW_HOURS featurename 720

Featurename is the code by which the NLM recognizes the program. For example, 48800ACD_2006_0F is AutoCAD 2006. Find out what yours is and place the code here. It should be in your .LIC file after INCREMENT.

720 is just the amount of hours you want to reduce the borrow to. 720 just happens to be 30 days. But you can make it anything you want. Just keep in mind that it should be in multiples of 24, because a borrowed license is always returned at midnight on the day that it expires, regardless of the hours.

Once you have saved this adskflex.opt file into your License folder, you need to launch your LMTOOLS and do a Reread of your license on the Stop/Start/Reread tab. This will activate the options file (which you can verify in the debug.log file) and set your number of licenses.

You can set a number of other options in this file as well. Commonly, I find that TIMEOUTALL 3600 is a common option. This basically says that any idle license is returned after not being used in one hour. It also helps return stuck licenses from a problem machine. Just a thought.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report