Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I buy someones license from them???

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
351 Views, 1 Reply

Can I buy someones license from them???

I am starting a new surveying business and an older surveyor acquantance of mine is willing to give me his license for Autocad 2010. He bought it several months ago and never really learned how to use it so it just sits in a box in his office. Since he was trying to upgrade from either autocad r12 or r14 he found it to cumbersome to get up to speed with all the new stuff autodesk has incorporated over the last several editions. Infact he put it this way to me..."I'm too damn old to try to learn this stuff, I'm going to retire in a few years anyway."
So anyway...he is willing to give it to me, or sell it to me if that is more appropriate (??) at a very reasonable price. This would really help financially getting my business started but I want to make sure its legit. I know autodesk, like most software companies, are very concerned with piracy and illegal use of their products.... and rightly so. I just want to know how to legally transfer a license from one owner to another. Thank you.
Dave Dippel,LS
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Per the license agreement, this really can't be done. You may want to discuss this with a reseller, since a transfer ownership of license form will need to be completed to do this. They can provide you the appropriate information as well as the TOL forms.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report