Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I buy legal 3ds max 2011?

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
l.lozowski9922
12193 Views, 16 Replies

Can I buy legal 3ds max 2011?

Hi,

I am trying to buy 3ds max 2011 as my budget doesn't allow me to get latest version. Is there any chance to do it?

I contact resellers in UK and all of them told me that they are not allow to sell older versions? It is licence that they sign with Autodesk. Is it a true?

There is 1000's of webiste that offer OEM versions. But I know that buying OEM version without equipment is still illigal.

What I can do in my situation? I have only £500 for it.

Please help.
Luke 

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: l.lozowski9922

probably not going to happen

a real license is several thousand $s

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

unless your talking about an educational license

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 17
l.lozowski9922
in reply to: DarrenP

It is not several thousand $'s, but exactly 4000 for 2013. That is why I am looking for older version to buy.

Message 5 of 17

Hi l.lozowski9922 and welcome to our community.

Autodesk and its resellers only sell the latest version of our products. 

As DarrenP mentioned, if you are enrolled in an educational institution you can download our software for free from the Education Community.

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 6 of 17

Dear Camilo Lemos,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I graduate last year and I have an access to 3ds max 2012 and 2013. I would like to clarify, what I am allow to do with educational licence. It is due 2014.

Can I charge people for teaching 3ds max when using education version? I will not make profit on models made in 3ds max. Only on lessons. There will be other software involve like Mudbox or Photoshop, but 3ds max is big part of it. I am planning to teach people process of building 3d characters.

Can I use standard student version, or I need to be register as an educational facility and have other type of licence?

Thank you in advance,
Luke
Message 7 of 17

Hi l.lozowski9922:

My apologies for the delay of our response. With regard to your inquiry below, please note that the software (student license from Education Community) is for personal use only. You will find it here. You may coordinate with one of our Authorized Reseller, they would be able to assist you further on what would be the best possible option based on your needs. Make sure to inform them what you intend to do with your product and inquire about Educational Licenses. 

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 8 of 17

Thank you very much for your help.

Can I record what I am doing in Educational version and post it for free to internet? Am I breaking the licence then?

Unfortunately resellers in UK are not very well inform and they cannot advice me very well. The only thing that they keep saying is pay £3500 and you can do whatever you want. They cannot answer, how I can become educational facility. I know somebody who may help me, but it is a shame that people who are getting paid for it, cannot help.

receive an email from this forum, that if I buy 2013 I will have an access to 2010,11,12. I don't need them. I need only one copy of 2011. That's all. It is ridiculous licence that do not allow resellers to sell older versions. I think that it is up to customer what he would like to use. It is like not being allow to buy a car in 2012 that's been manufactured in 2011. ??? Not everybody has £3500 just like that. You are cutting people access to this software. I can still buy Windows XP or even 98 if I need it. Legal. So why not 3ds max? You produce something and throw it to the bin.

It looks like I can only afford to buy ZBrush (£400) and Photoshop (£300). I am left with £300+. I will not have a money for 3ds max. Sorry guys, you are too expensive for individuals.

Message 9 of 17
philip.s

Hello l.lozowski9922,

You can post work created with an educational license to the internet, as long as there isn't any profit generated (sales, advertising, etc..).

Back to your previous inquiry, *Free products are subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license and services agreement that accompanies the software. The software is for personal use for education purposes and is not intended for classroom or lab use.* Using the free software to teach where you're compensated for your instructing time would definitely violate the above.

With that being said we do offer discounted licenses to educational institutions, however I'm sure that there is a set of parameters that must be filled to qualify. An Educational Resller would be able to tell you more on that.

Lastly, for education and commercial licenses, we do offer an annual subscription service, of which one of the benefits is access to previous version licenses.

Hope I answered everything / feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions.

Message 10 of 17
l.lozowski9922
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip

Thank you very much for your answer. I finally found information that I was looking for. I need to "process" them now and see what I will come out with.

Many thanks for your help.

Luke 

Message 11 of 17

I don't really understand this subsription system. Can you help me a little bit?

I can only buy subsription WITH software. Is it mean that if I will by SketchBook Pro with subsription, I will get access to old 3ds max? I don't think so. Or I have to buy 3ds max 2013 with subscription, to have access to 2011/12? What doesn't make sense for me.

All I need is 3ds max with graphite modeling tools. Cheaper is better.

Thanks for your help in advance.

P.S. It look like I will end up using trial version and reinstalling my system every month. Sorry guys. I don't have a month to look for a simple answer. Time is also a factor in that case.

I cannot find any educational resellers within 1000 miles from where I live (UK). ??? Placing images also don't work. Open it in new tab, or use attachment.
Edu_resellers.jpg

Message 12 of 17

Hi l.lozowski9922,

One of the benefits of our subscription program is that you can request a license to use one of the 4 latest versions of any product you have under subscription. This means that if you want to use 3ds Max 2010, 2011 or 2012 you will need to purchase 3ds Max 2013 under subscription and request a previous version license.

This benefit applies only to products you have under subscription, so having Sketchbook Pro under subscription will not enable you to use a previous version of 3ds Max.

Regarding the reseller around your area, I was able to do a search without any problems. This was probably a temporary issue which was quickly fixed:

resellers.png

Let me know if you have any more questions, please.

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 13 of 17

Dear Camilo

This is a screen when you looking for normal resellers. Once I tick Educational resellers, list is blank. I will give them a call any way.

Thank you for your help.
Luke 

Message 14 of 17

Would you explain me one thing?

The only way to get 3ds max 2011 is to buy 2013 for £3500 and pay for subscription another £££. Where is a deal in it? Cause I can't see any.

I just graduate. Apart of huge loan on my bank account I don't have another money to spend. How We can train, if we don't have access to your software? I still have extra 2 years on educational licence, but I did my study. Other people are left with nothing. If I will not learn this soft, I will never get a job, where company will buy it for me.

This is just my point of view. But you can keep it like that if you want. I think that you just harming yourselves.

Luke 

Message 15 of 17
philip.s

Hello l.lozowski9922,

I just wanted to point out that you can still use the student license for training / learning as long as you adhere to the Education Community policy, namely not using the software for commercial or for-profit purposes.

Message 16 of 17
Metheart
in reply to: philip.s

Hello, i would like to buy old 3ds max versions for a cheap price, i mean not educational but commercial, is it possible? Thanks.

Message 17 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: Metheart

no its not

it would be illegal

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report