Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a single machine have multiple Autodesk servers?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
prem.savio
609 Views, 6 Replies

Can a single machine have multiple Autodesk servers?

Hi, let me explain the scenario.

Machine A has Insight and Synergy installed on it. The license for Synergy is configured on Machine A & the license for Insight is configured on Machine B. Now, is it possible for Machine A to pick synergy's license from itself and pick insight's license from Machine B?

In simple terms, can two software installed on the same machine have two different license server?

Note: I know there is a possibility of merging the licenses and having them on a single server which would eliminate this issue completely, but we cannot do that as each license has been bought in a different company's name.

Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: prem.savio

that sounds like a distubuted license model

Distributed license server model. Licenses are distributed across more than one server. A unique license file is required for each server. To create a distributed license server, you must run NLM on each server that is part of the distributed server pool.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
TravisNave

Darren nailed it, as usual.  Your best bet would just be to use a system environment variable to point to both servers.  If you are using multiple vendors, you can use:

LM_LICENSE_FILE with value of @server1;@server2 

Alternately you can use VENDOR_LICENSE_FILE for the vendor daemon.  For example, Autodesk's adskflex vendor daemon would be ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE and you'd point to the appropriate servers. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 7
prem.savio
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks for the reply DarrenP

But wouldn't a Distributed license server model have multiple licenses with the SAME serial no. I'm talking about two totally different products with different serial nos, each of whose license has been configured on different machines.
Message 5 of 7
prem.savio
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the reply, Travis.

The fact that you have mentioned SERVER 1 & SERVER 2 for a single environmental variable tells me that it is possible for a single machine to have multiple Autodesk servers, isn't it?

Excuse me for asking the obvious, but i just want your confirmation.

Regards

Prem Savio

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave

That is correct sir. And they don't have to be the same serial or the same product. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
prem.savio
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you. Now its clear.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report