Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cad 2014 terminal services

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1329 Views, 4 Replies

cad 2014 terminal services

When users login to the TS server which is Windows 2003 32 bit and try to open AutoCAD 2014 as a user it goes through a setup for about 2-3 sec and disappears and won’t open

Users are limited user accounts and under Administrator account it works fine

User accounts have folder redirection

if i login as the user local on the server after a setup process i get this error

autocad2.JPG

any help would be great

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> Users are limited user accounts and under Administrator account it works fine

Isn't that the answer? Your user accounts are restricted to much.

The other problem I see is: what has the user (none admin) to search in the users-folder from the administrator (in screenshot)?

What you can try is to reset the profile for that user (from the Windows start menu) so that this user can start AutoCAD from scratch.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes and no

Yes I know it’s from restricted account however it works on the workstations with the same accounts and we can raise user rights

Does anyone know what read/wright access they need in the drive and registry?

Extra info

On server 2008 r2 the AutoCAD opens but has a onetime font registry issue

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

I will have to reread the 2014 EULA, but I am pretty certain this violates the license agreement.  DarrenP, any comments?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

Autocad wasn't made to run on a server OS and yes this violates the EULA

you need to look at citrix to be complaint with the EULA

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report