Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D won't start

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
caddman6425nah
919 Views, 18 Replies

C3D won't start

Hi all, I'm running C3D on a 64 bit machine, but the problem is this. It installed just fine, but when I went and started the program, it went through its phases, but...... when the desktop start to open it did as a flash , and the program just bombed and quit. I have no problems with all my other Autodesk programs. Help is surely needed and is wanted at this point, and BTW, TIA Nick
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Here's a few things that should be done when running Autodesk applications which could be causing a problem for you:

1. Disable UAC (User Account Control) if using Windows 7. To do this go to Start menu, type UAC in the search box and hit ENTER.
  2. Adjust your virtual memory, so that the Initial size is to the recommended size, and the Maximum size is at lease 1000 higher than the recommended.
  3. If you are not an Admin on the machine, have your IT person give you full permissions to the following registry hives:

HKEY_LOCALMACHINE
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

Hope this helps.

If this resolves your issue, give Kudos or Accept as Solution...

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 19

And what do I do in those registry items
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 4 of 19

Try the other one first. If neither of them work for you, have your IT person grant you permissions to those hives.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 19

It's only me, I'm the IT person and I have permision to the registry. Now what do you want in the registry for?
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 6 of 19

And who determine the recomended size, and where do I find it. I'm already at 16 MB now
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 7 of 19

Nick,

Try this first... Go to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM\ and delete the CascadeInfo.cas file then try running the application again.

Message 8 of 19

Didn't work
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 9 of 19

Check your virtual memory to make sure it's above the recommended size.

For example, If the Recommended size is 4000, change the Initial Size to 4000 and set the Maximum size to 6000.

To access the virtual memory location, do the following:

Right-click My Computer, choose Properties

If using Windows 7, select the "Advanced system settings" link on the left of the System page

System Properties Dialog will open

Go to the Advanced tab and click Settings under Performance

Performance Options dialog will open

Go to the Advanced tab, and click the Change button located at the bottom of the dialog

Message 10 of 19

Darin, If I ask what you want me to do in the registry, I would conclude that I have done all the other things. So I just bumped up the virtual memory again. Nothing! So again I ask, what do I do in the registry and why?
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 11 of 19

Since you're an Admin on the machine, there's nothing that needs to be done in the registry.

Originally, I was going to have you right-click each of the registry hives and choose Permissions. Within the permissions area, add your account and allocate full rights.

However, since you already have Admin rights, there could be an AutoCAD profile issue. To reset your profile, perform the following:

Browse the registry and delete the following folder:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.2\ACAD-A000:409\

Browse windows explorer and delete the following:

• C:\Users\<<Username>>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\C3D 2012
  • C:\Users\<<Username>>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2012

Once these folders are deleted, start Civil 3D 2012 and those files (Autodesk Profile) will be recreated.

Let me know if this works.

Message 12 of 19

You do remember I have a bunch of Adesk products running just fine, is this going to screw up any or all of the other applicatiions or reset the registration so I have to reregister them all again?
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 13 of 19

No, this will only effect Civil 3D 2012. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 19

I thought that I got back with you, I guess I didn't. OK, it didn't work, still the same.
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 15 of 19

Tried everything, did a reinstall and still happens, but noticed that it flashs and crashes at the point when it says that its doing the CUI load. Then blink, flash the workspace, then nothing. Anyone???
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 16 of 19

HELLLLLOOOOOO!!!!!! And people wonder why I act annoyed??
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 17 of 19

caddman,

If you're running Windows 7, disable the UAC...

Go to the start menu, and type UAC in the search box then hit Enter. Slide the bar all the way to the bottom and reboot your system.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, browse to the following location and delete all of the files beginning with "adskflex_":

Windows 7 directory:

• C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\

Windows XP directory:

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\

Message 18 of 19

UAC was turned off, deleted all adskflex_ file, there were 2 files and one log file. Now it works, thanks! 🙂
--
Nick
AEC Design Services
Message 19 of 19

You're welcome!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report