Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D Object Enabler, log file?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rkmcswain
400 Views, 2 Replies

C3D Object Enabler, log file?

Does anyone know if the x64 C3D object enabler has a provision for an install log file?

We are trying to install it via script (Civil3D_2013_OE_64Bit.exe /quiet /norestart) and it's failing, but there is no log file to see what might be going on.

TIA

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hmm...  Well you might see if turning on verbose logging in the Windows Installer helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2545723

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300

I am not sure if you can add the /L*v switch or not to your installation or not.  I assume you have also verified that no log is being created in %TEMP% or any other location?

This might require some Autodesk input, ultimately.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: rkmcswain

rkmcswain,

Hello. Log files are usually created in the temp directory and I have seen them for object enablers too.

In the Windows Run box type %TEMP% and press eneter, search on “enabler”.  I found a log file in here, but it is a different type of log compared to our program installers.

Sometimes you may get a message in teh Windows Event log as well.

You are in the MSI realm, so I know there are plenty of switches you can use during an install, not all seem to work the same. 

When troubleshooting things like this I usually try things in a particular approach:

-Install normally. Run the exe and see if you install

-Install via script, no special switches and see if you install

-Install via script and modify to see if there are issues at that stage

There may be info in your log file if it is getting created

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report