Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013 on Windows 7 Home Premium - Will Not Start - Intall Errors

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Postmaster_G
1035 Views, 17 Replies

C3D 2013 on Windows 7 Home Premium - Will Not Start - Intall Errors

I need help! (haha yeah not that kind Smiley Surprised)

So I have tried and tried to get C3D to work on my home PC now a few times to no avail.  I just built the computer and everything else seems to work flawlessly.  (16gb ram, 3750 core i5, 2gb msi gtx650 nvivia, plenty of hdd space, logitech mouse, maudio c400 interface).

During the install, I will get a few different errors.Cat Sad

Sometimes one of them says there is an error sending info UPITOKEN .

Sometimes I can repair or reinstall and no other errors come up.

Sometimes I get and error that says adui19res.dll not found.

I have been able to get 2012 set up and running on this machine and it works very well.  The problem is that I am using 2013 at work and would like to be able to work on my projects at home.  Realistically I just want them to both be an option.

I have been through the clean install/uninstall found on the autodesk site.  I have tried to install the service pack and the hotfix 3 but nothing seems to help.

When I try and start the program, (while watching task manager) acad.exe loads up about 5,000 to 6,000 K before it falls off of the processes list.  I never see the splash screen.

Please let me know what my problem could be if you have any ideas.  Thank You!!!!

-Meow
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Postmaster_G
in reply to: Postmaster_G

I get responses from this group... nary a one on the install group.  Help Me Please (if ya can?!?)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/C3D-2013-on-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Will-Not-Sta...

-Meow
Message 3 of 18

When C3D installs it keeps a log file of everything it tries to do, this is much better than the messages that sometimes are displayed. The file by default is created in the %tmp%\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Setup.log folder. Take a look at this file or post it here.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 4 of 18
Murph_Map

Have you found the install log(s) and posted it as asked in that thread?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 18
Postmaster_G
in reply to: Murph_Map

Sorry, I didn't check the thread before I left the house today.  I will post it ASAIGH (as soon as I get home lol).

Thank you btw.

What a dummy!  I meant to search the net for where the log would be, then I kinda forgot after the millionth install attempt.  I mean I took out my graphics card and tried to run off of the i5 graphics, unhooked every peripheral device, shut down the security center, reinstall, repair.... uhg!

I rant

-Meow
Message 6 of 18

I will do that as soon as I get home tonight!  I am excited to see what the deal is... I have tried many things to get this working on my home computer to no avail.

Thank you for the information.Smiley Happy

-Meow
Message 7 of 18
jmayo-EE

If the log doesnt help there are solutions based on previous release issues.

did u download the app or install from a disk or other media?

If u downloaded the program try downloading it again as sometimes the download may be corrupted.

If you r trying to install from media try copying the media contents to the hard drive and then run setup.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 18
Postmaster_G
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Well I am trying to install using the files we have on our server at work.

I installed on my work computer sucessfully (saved files to the desktop then installed), and we have a fairly good IT (raid backup servers and the like) so I don't think the files were corrupted.

I have downloaded the files from our server twice onto two different thumbdrives.

I have tried to install from both of these with no success.

I already have 2012 installed on the target computer and it works fine.

I will have to get to the log file to see what is going on I suppose...

-Meow
Message 9 of 18
dgorsman

Did you install from the thumbdrive, or did you copy onto the computer first and *then* install from there?

Then of course, there's the licensing issue.

[Edit] ... and this *really* should be over in the installation forum... we haven't covered anything thats Civil 3D specific yet.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 10 of 18
Postmaster_G
in reply to: dgorsman

From the desktop... I have my license server setup properly as it works for 2012.

Also, see the link above.  I posted on the install forum first and did not recieve any responses like I do from this discussion group.

I use Civil 3D about 60% + of my time so... perhaps this is Civil 3D related.  Also, I do not know how different the products are so I was thinking that Civil 3D may have its own driver/install/graphics/compatability issues.

I somewhat hate to move back over to the barren wasteland which is the install forum (at least that has been my impression so far... perhaps I will get a better response when I submit my error log).

-Meow
Message 11 of 18
Murph_Map

@Postmaster_G wrote:

From the desktop... I have my license server setup properly as it works for 2012.

... perhaps I will get a better response when I submit my error log).

Are you trying to install a network version of 2013 or a standalone version?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 12 of 18
Postmaster_G
in reply to: Murph_Map

It is a network version, the same as my 2012.  They are on the same server and the 2012 finds the files just fine.

I am getting ready right now to install 2013 once again so I can generate the error log and post it here.

-Meow
Message 13 of 18
Postmaster_G

Well,  Here is what the install log gave me...

-Meow
Message 14 of 18
Postmaster_G

I ran the install again, and this is what it now says.  I has done this before so I wont be supprised if it doesn't start again.

I am rebooting now.

-Meow
Message 15 of 18

If you copied a server deployment to a thumb drive that will not work, there are initialization files pointing to resources & license information in the deployment that point back to the server. The only way this would work is if you had a connection to your work network from home like a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 16 of 18

Actually, it has worked before.  That is how I got C3D 2013 installed on my old pc.  The same package actually!?!

-Meow
Message 17 of 18
Postmaster_G

... I hope I am not going to have to install xP just to run civil 3D!

Cat Sad

-Meow
Message 18 of 18

...oh sorry, didn't mention that I am connecting over VPN and I have setup the proper environmental variables to connect to my license server (thus the reason I am able to startup my network version of 2012 - and previously 2013).  As I think I mentioned before, I had installed the same package on my old computer and everything ran fine, from home over vpn.

-Meow

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report