Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying used AutoCAD 2012 software or a computer that has it already

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3583 Views, 3 Replies

Buying used AutoCAD 2012 software or a computer that has it already

I am looking to get AutoCAD 2012(not LT) and have come across a few options.  I am woundering if I buy a standard user copy with the propritary license will there be any issues using it or installing it on another computer and tranfering the license to another later on down the line(can you export the license).  My other question is if I buy a used computer with a standard user copy on it, can I just export the license from that computer and use it on another instead of the original( would i need the Disk) and would that work?  I would appreciate any and all help with this mater seeing how i have been without AutoCad for way to long after building a new rig.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: Anonymous

DOAdaveycrocket

Only buy from Autodesk or an Authorized reseller. We do not sell used software and it is not transferrable. Please review our license Compliance information:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=7816091

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 4
mture1
in reply to: dembkod

As user unfriendly Autodesk is becoming & as expensive as it is exoculating,  I'm sure there is a growing market  whether you like it or not.  This is just the reality of it.  You are also creating a vacuum in the market for more alternative drafting software & development.

Message 4 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: mture1

@mture1 

I understand you may not like certain policies and your frustrated.  But watch your wording and abide by the forum rules.  This is a professional public world wide user forum and a few words of yours is unacceptable.  It's okay to share your thoughts and opinions here but make sure to do it a tone that's acceptable.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report