Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUYING OLDER VERSIONS OF ACAD?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ragioniere
737 Views, 2 Replies

BUYING OLDER VERSIONS OF ACAD?

I'm interested to start my own small business and I'm looking to buy Autocad software. Is there a way to buy older versions since Autocad 2005 is far too expensive for me and LT doesn't support 3D? Is it even legal to do it? If yes, where can I get legal Autocad 2002 for example which completely fits my needs? I don't need any support or other things, just the software.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ragioniere

In the US, about the only license transfers Autodesk has approved in the last several years are when a bona fide business goes out of business and transfers its assets to another business, and that is at the sole discretion of Autodesk. License transfers (read "sales of second-hand AutoCAD seats") between individuals are not permitted. The courts have made distinctly different decisions in this matter in other parts of the world, however. If you're confident in your ability to start and run your own business, a seat of AutoCAD will be one of your lesser expenses, believe me. Been there, done that, and glad I did. ___ "ragioniere" wrote in message news:19877359.1096059219227.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I'm interested to start my own small business and I'm looking to buy Autocad software. Is there a way to buy older versions since Autocad 2005 is far too expensive for me and LT doesn't support 3D? Is it even legal to do it? If yes, where can I get legal Autocad 2002 for example which completely fits my needs? I don't need any support or other things, just the software.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ragioniere

In addition to any replies you might receive or have already received, you may find more information or responses by posting future office procedure related questions in the following discussion group: Web browser: http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=112 Newsreader: news://discussion.autodesk.com/pn.cadmanager --- Anne Brown Discussion Groups Administrator Autodesk, Inc. ragioniere wrote: > > I'm interested to start my own small business and I'm looking to buy Autocad software. (snip)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report