Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying and Installing AutoCAD

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
realnsleo
433 Views, 2 Replies

Buying and Installing AutoCAD

Hello there,

I am new to using AutoDESK products. I have a question.

I own a company that specializes in Website Design and Development but recently a different company approached us and wanted us to supply to them two licenses of AutoCAD LT. 

I have read about how to acquire the right license for your product and i'm guessing i would need a stand alone license. But these are my questions (forgive me if i sound dumb)

- If i purchase 2 stand alone licenses, would that mean purchasing two cds / download media?

- Can i use the stand alone license and install on two different computers.

Please advise me on the best possible way i can go by this. Thank you very much.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
camilo.lemos
in reply to: realnsleo

Hi realnsleo,

welcome to Autodesk and to our community:)

- There are different ways to purchase your Autodesk licenses; you can purchase separate licenses which means you will receive 2 DVDs or USB keys, one for each license. You can also purchase one license with multiple seats; this means you will receive one DVD but you will be able to install and activate the program in as many computers as the number of seats you purchased. I would suggest that you contact one of our resellers to determine what the best option would be for your business: http://autode.sk/A9d7Af

- Our End Use License agreement allows customers to install their standalone license on a second computer provided that:

1. such a second computer is owned or leased by you (and not by another person, such as your employee, if any);
  2. such a second computer is either a portable computer or a nonserver computer away from your usual work location;
  3. the additional copy of Software is accessed solely for the purpose of enabling you (or your employee, if any) to perform work while away from your  usual work location;
  4. the original and additional copy of the software are used only by the same person, and only one of the software copies is accessed at any one time; and
  5. both copies of the software are installed and accessed exclusively with the copy protection device (if any) supplied with the software.

I hope this answers your question. If it does, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button to help other fellow community members to find this answer more easily.

Thanks!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 3
realnsleo
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thank you. This helped a great deal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report