Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Design Suite Premium 2015 - Deployment

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
billybunn
434 Views, 5 Replies

Building Design Suite Premium 2015 - Deployment

I am having major problems obtaining a vaid licence from the licence server for the above product.

The Network Licence Manager is installed on a 64 bit Windows Server 2008 Standard edition with SP2. This was installed by following the excelent 17minute video on the Autodesk site. It all went smoothly and the server status report from LMTools all looks fine (Version 11.12.0)

The design suite software was downloaded and installed on the client machine as a networked version. The installation took some time to run but it all installed without errors. The client machine is Windows 7 Professional with SP1 (64bit).

Opening any of the applications such as Autocad or Revit starts off fine and the FlexNet License Finder window comes up. I select specify the license server system and enter the server name on the next screen, it then returns the message Flexnet License finder has completed and instructs me to press finish to return to the application. BUT on pressing finish it comes up with a message that 'a valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager' error [-15.570.0]

I have checked the details of the license and they all seam fine. I have even used 'licenseparser.com' to check the details in a more user friendly form.

I would greatly appreciate any help in resolving this problem and will supply any other details that may help.

Bill Bunn

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: billybunn

Message 3 of 6
billybunn
in reply to: david.lau

Many thanks, it looks as though the problem was with the Firewall.

It now works fine with one license but I now need to work out how to produce one license file that covers the two copies of the license we bought. When we bought the product we were supplied with two serial numbers rather than a single serial number for two work stations.

Bill

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: billybunn

Make sure you have license files for both seats and that they were created on the same date.  Copy one license file into the other and save.  Use this new combined license to get your multiple seats.

For the best method to properly combine your license files, please read my entire thread here and choose the method that best fits your needs:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
billybunn
in reply to: TravisNave

Many thanks for tour reply, I have read the details and can see what needs to be done but have been dealing with other more urgent problems. I will check it all out over the weekend when I have better access to all the computers as there are six users who need to be able to use the two licenses. Once I have checked it out I will post my results.

Bill

Message 6 of 6
billybunn
in reply to: TravisNave

many thanks now up and working

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report