Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Design Suite Premium 2014 Licensing issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tahdesign1
418 Views, 5 Replies

Building Design Suite Premium 2014 Licensing issues

I have a single seat of Building Design Suite Premium 2014 that I am trying to install on our Facilities groups CAD Station and am having a licensing issue for everyone except myself.

• All of our Autodesk products are stand alone licenses so there is no license server involved.
  • When installing nay other of the Autodesk products on other station is typically asked to be Authorization at the first run. This installation does not seem to be doing that. I install the software and when I run it the authorization is already there for some reason. I am installing this from a USB drive since it is a single seat. My other softwares I deploy.
  •  The software runs fine fro myself (admin) but for the regular user it will not run. They get the attached error messages.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: tahdesign1

The consensus here is to give your users local admin (read: not domain admin) or power users rights.  Otherwise, other things that work are to temporarily elevate the users to local admin first, run the software, then put back the restrictions.  Alternately, you can give explicitly full access to the different folder locations that the software needs access to.

As an IT professional in the CAD industry, 100% of my enterprise has local admin rights.  I do not restrict my users because I have other policies in place that prevent the kinds of problems that administrators believe they need to restrict their users for.  Regardless, engineers are not regular users.  They should always have full access to their machines.  This does not give them any more elevated privileges to the domain.  Just my 2 cents.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
tahdesign1
in reply to: TravisNave

All of our users do have Power User rights. This is only happening on the one machine with this specific software.

I have many other flavors of ADSk software on identical boxes that I am not having an issue with (Product Design Suites, Factory Suites, P&ID, Electrical, etc).

Like I had mentioned,this install from the USB acted a little different in that it never asked me to Authorize the software. It appears to have just done it because when I manually Activated (even though I was never asked) I received two emails on it for the same PC number.

Another odd thing I noticed is that this USB supplied software does not seem to have a Vault component add-in with it.

I do have the software downloaded also but have not mounted it to a drive letter to use for installing, that was why I was using the USB. I was not going to develop a deployment for this one since it is just a single seat.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Is this an official Autodesk provided USB?  If not,  you might consider using the download or copying the contents to the local HDD.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
tahdesign1
in reply to: TravisNave

Yes it is the offical ADSK USB. I was thinking to redo this using the downloaded software. I just need to assign a drive letter to push that from (so SP can find the original media when needed, etc.)

However, there is another twist to this just now. One of the users just called and said that they got in without the error coming up. The difference here is that his roaming profile did not load correctly so Windows stated that he was logged on with a temp profile. I then had him get off and had another user go on that the roaming profile did seem to load correctly. But that user, with the loaded roaming profile, did once again get the errors. So this might mean I am dealing with a profile issue here. We have been dealing with broken roaming profile in our CAD network for quite some time but it has never prevented the softwares from running (only effected setting).

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Roaming profiles are typically problematic with the software.  If you temporarily move them local, install, then move them back, it will usually work.  Network folder redirects for My Documents (or any redirect using UNC) are particularly troubling.  Easily fixable though.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report