Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Design Suite Premium 2014 installation initialisation failure

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
plengineer
1781 Views, 5 Replies

Building Design Suite Premium 2014 installation initialisation failure

I have been trying to install the latest BDSP2014 from the autodesk USB but the installation fails at the initialisation stage.

When I run the setup.exe file the splash screen comes up and then 15-20seconds later you get a pop up screen that says "A software problem has caused AutodeskInstaller to close unexpectedly". Copy of popup screen attached.

The machine already had BDSP2013 suite installed, so thinking that there may have been some conflict between the 2 versions I uninstalled the 2013 suite. (completely by deleting all files/folders/registry keys as per description in other forum post regarding removing installation completely)

Still got the same error when attempting installation of BDSP2014.

Have subsequently tried the following;

complete removal of .NET framework

complete removal of C++

complete removal of all Autodesk products/extension packs etc.

run software to clean registry and all temp files etc.

Have tried to reinstall the BDSP2013 suite and get the same error message for that one also now.

Contacted my software supplier and their suggestion was to format my machine and start again (not real helpful and not really what I want to have to do)

So now I have no BDSP software at all and work to do.

Anyone got some suggestions as to what the problem may be?

Peter

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DannyHubbard
in reply to: plengineer

Peter,

First thing I would recommend trying is; http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS20990736.

If this fails then I would try a clean install via the following, the Vista directions will work with Windows 7.

Clean Install
http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS75218

You might also look at the Applications section of the Windows Event Viewer to see if there are more details as to why the installer is failing, look for Errors around the MSIINSTALLER.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
plengineer
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Thanks for your suggestions Danny.

I have tried both and unfortunately it has not fixed the problem.

Looking at the event viewer the only errors associated with the installation event seem to be from the source LoadPerf.  The general description with the errors are;

"The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section."

and

"Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code."

There is then an error for the application hang.

Message 4 of 6
DannyHubbard

Peter,

Lets try this, go to the %TEMP% folder and delete everything. By default this will be something like "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp".

Then enable verbose logging in Windows, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2545723/en-us.

Now run Setup again.

When it fails go back to the %TEMP% folder.

Zip up all the LOG files and upload them.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
plengineer
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Danny,

I enabled the verbose logging as per the microsoft instructions and then rebooted and tried the installation again.

There were no .log files created in the temp folder.

The only files created were 2 .tmp files and a .dmp file.

There was also a .tmp folder created which seems to contain a partial copy of the installation files/folders.

Looking like a format and rebuild the machine is the only option (not happy about this)

Thanks,

Peter

Message 6 of 6
SixthRiver

I was have a similar issue.

I tried every possible solution I could find on the internest and nothing worked.

Then I started installing peice meal. That seems to have worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report