Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Design Suite Premium 2014 and BitDefender 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CliveBroadhurst4576
534 Views, 5 Replies

Building Design Suite Premium 2014 and BitDefender 2013

I haven't been able to install Building Design Suite Premium 2014 on my PC if BitDefender 2013 is present.

Does it have to be like this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

It is *always* recommended that anti-virus software be disabled during the installation of Autodesk products. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6

The problem is with BitDefender Total Security 2013 - because of it's anti-tamper feature - it can't be disabled ...

Message 4 of 6

Antivirus programs that prevent you from doing normal work are not good solutions.  You might check if there is an admistrative setting to temporarily disable the protection.  In my professional experience, anti-virus software do not stop viruses anymore.  That is why I no longer run them.  Their lock downs and memory hogging themselves are akin to a virus. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: TravisNave

I wouldn't go quite that far - our system caught something serious last week.  But another system falsely identified some AutoDesk components causing the program to be disabled by the fix.  So any sort of protection scheme shouldn't be used as a blunt tool, otherwise there will be collateral damage.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6

The Autodesk installation exe just hangs in this instance no error, warning or indication of any sort ....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report