Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Design Suite - Installation aborted, Result=1603

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jneal
697 Views, 2 Replies

Building Design Suite - Installation aborted, Result=1603

Hi all.

I have been doing some reading on this issue and have tried a few things to no avail. Not sure what to do next. Back story:

Installed BDSU 2015. Everything worked except the Revit Content Libraries were not present. Fought to uninstall and reinstall those. Finally found this article to get the RCL uninstalled:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Then uninstalled everything to do with Revit 2015 and started over. Tried to install and got the standard splash screen "Some products failed to install" with red Xs next to everything. Uninstalled all C++ redistributable software. Tried again and failed. Looks to me like the entry "2014/8/22:09:34:21jnealJNEALInstallAutodesk® BIM 360™ Add-in for Navisworks® 2015FailedInstallation aborted, Result=1603" near the bottom is the culprit. I have tried some fixes to the 1603 error I found but none have worked. 

I don't know what to try next. My install log is attached. Any help is appreciated-

Thanks

Jess

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: jneal

See if you can uncheck installing the BIM 360 add-in first.  This will allow you to install the rest of the suite.  Then you can go back and determine the reason for the failure of the add-in.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
jneal
in reply to: TravisNave

Disabling the BIM 360 add in worked. That is a repeatable error though. Autodesk should address this. I installed BDSU on another machine over the weekend and had the same exact issue with the Revit Content Library not installing. I had to uninstall it and reinstall it for it to work. 

Thanks Travis-

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report