Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Design Suite GPO error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
pjones1
1246 Views, 6 Replies

Building Design Suite GPO error

I am trying to install the components of the Building Design Suite 2014 through GPO and the AutoCAD Language pack portion is not working.  It gives an error about applying the transformation.  When I look at the transformation, it shows that the expected product code is {5783F2D7-D001-0000-0102-0060B0CE6BBA} but the base product code is {5783F2D7-D001-0409-1102-0060B0CE6BBA}.  There are no service packs and this was created from the files downloaded from AutoDesk.  Does anyone have a correct language pack MST file?

The same thing happens with the NAVSIM language pack and the expected product code is wrong there too.

Patrick

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DannyHubbard
in reply to: pjones1

Patrick,

What language are you working with? I tried the English build but I was able to create the package without error.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
pjones1
in reply to: DannyHubbard

It is the English-US version. One thing I did notice is that it the deployment renames the MST from acad to roamer. But I even checked where it installed the files I downloaded and it showed the same error.

Can you look at your MST using MSTVIEW and tell me what it shows?

Patrick
Message 4 of 7
DannyHubbard

Patrick,

Here is how I setup my package for AutoCAD 2014 from the Building Design Suite. After creating the packed on the server creating my Group Policy Link.

Under the software installation.

I added the AutoCAD msi file:

"..\Img\x64\acad\acad.msi"

to this I added two Transforms:

"..\Img\x64\acad\acad<deployment name>.mst"

"..\Img\Tools\gpo.mst"

Next I added the AutoCAD Language Pack msi file:

"..\Img\x64\en-us\acad\AcadLP.msi"

"..\Img\Tools\gpo.mst"

Next I added the AutoCAD Product Specific msi file:

"..\Img\x64\en-us\acad\AcadPS.msi"

"..\Img\Tools\gpo.mst"

I also added the MSI's for each of the material libriaries under "..\Img\Content\ADSKMaterials\2014", as well as the Sketupimport from "..\Img\x64\ACADExtApps", as well as a few others.

To all of these I added the Transform:

"..\Img\Tools\gpo.mst"

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
pjones1

Thanks for the reply. I am adding the language pack transform in the same location as AcadLP.msi. Am I supposed to add the main AutoCAD transform?

I had the same issue with the Navisworks Simulator language pack. Should I have added the
main NavSim transform too? I got mixed up. It is the NavSim that names it roamer.

Also, should I add the gpo.mst for all the deployments - Revit, Navisworks, etc? I could never get deployments to work before for AutoDesk products. Maybe that is why.

Thanks,

Patrick
Message 6 of 7
DannyHubbard

Patrick,

For the Language pack and product specific pack you should be using the Transform from the product folder, like the ACAD<deploymentname>.MST or Roamer<deploymentname>.MST.

I typically add the GPO.MST to every MSI I add, just to be safe.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
pjones1

Thanks. Everything worked and I created the GPO. Now I just have to test my GPO install.

Thanks for all your help.

Patrick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report