Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building design suite deployment and raster design

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sbcadguy
296 Views, 2 Replies

Building design suite deployment and raster design

I'm creating my BDSP 2015 deployment.  It is forcing AutoCAD 2015 to install if RasterDesign is checked.  When I did my BDSP 2014 deployment last year, it would allow for the installation of RasterDesign without AutoCAD 2015.  I prefer to just install AutoCAD Architecture rather than both ACA and AutoCAD because I can get the same functionality in both (it seems redundant to me).  RasterDesign worked fine in ACA 2014.

So I went ahead and created the deployment with AutoCAD, ACA and RasterDesign all selected.  However, when I roll this out firm wide, I would like to only install ACA and RasterDesign.  Anybody have a workaround for this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
asburyj
in reply to: sbcadguy

This behavior is by design in the 2015 release. It was a decision that was made this year in order to prevent the confusing situation of install failure when no compatible verticals are selected. Many of the suites require AutoCAD 2015 to be installed if raster is selected. There is no way to workaround this using the suite installer however you can created a deployment for Raster 2015 using the raster single product installer linked below that will install just raster and you can still use the suite product key and serial number. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 3
sbcadguy
in reply to: asburyj

Great.  Thank you.  I will do the raster design as a seprate deployment.

But why wouldn't AutoCAD Architecture be a considered a "compatable vertical" when it is selected along with Raster design?  I understand the concept of not allowing RasterDesign to install when no AutoCAD based product is selected, but it seems like it should be allowed with ACA selected (or the other verticals like MEP or Structural Detailing).  Just my opinion.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report