Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building design suite 2013- windows 8

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
robertjamesblevins
1838 Views, 7 Replies

building design suite 2013- windows 8

can i install building design suite 2013 on windows 8?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Currently, we don't support BDS running on Windows 8 offically. You can check the system requirement here.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 8

Hi robertjamesblevins:

I have here a link to system requirements for Building Design Suite. It didn't mention Windows 8, but you can try. However, we cannot guarantee that it will function properly. This is why we have specifically listed the requirements to which the product is compatible with.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 4 of 8

It'll likely fail to install due to .NET Framework, being that v4.5 is pre-installed with Windows 8.  You'll have to do some modifying of the setup.ini installation files to get the product suite installed on there in Windows 7 compatibility mode, as Administrator.  It can be done, but it is not supported at this time.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8

i did a win 8 upgrade on my laptop with inventor pro 12 and it works, i dont like win 8. glad i dident put it on my BDS 13 machine.

Message 6 of 8

hi , 

its mid January 2013 , has Autodesk already sorted out this issue about non compatibility of the Austodesk Building Design Suite 2013 premium and installation -run on Windows 8 ???

Most computers on the market are carrying windows 8 .

Please need  update from Autodesk support ,please answer yes or no , work so so is not an answer for such an expensive software.

On your answer I will decide which laptop to buy .

Thanks in advance for help.    

Message 7 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: willarch

no

read this page: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19048377&linkID=9240617

they probably won't support it until the next release

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
willarch
in reply to: DarrenP

thanks for your quick reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report