Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build deployment on one server and using in another one

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jopeme
394 Views, 3 Replies

Build deployment on one server and using in another one

Hello.

I build a deployment on one server which is a license server and then install this deployment on a windows client. I'd like clone this windows client and install it on another machine, but this machine use another server which is a license server too (another mac and another name) .

When i run inventor on this last machine it doesn't find license server. I write the name of new server but it doesn't works.

It's possible ?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
emily.xu
in reply to: jopeme

This is because your client unable to find your license server, you can try the follwing steps to see if you can launch your program:

1  set environment variable : ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE,  and the value is : @servername (servername is your second server name) 

2  find Licpath.lic file in your installation fold,open it with notepad, modify the context same to the first two lines of your license file:

for example: SERVER servername 000000000000

USE_SERVER

note: here the servername is your second server name, and replace 000000000000 by your server MAC address.

3  check your register,HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FLEXlm License Manager\ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE, and the value is @@servername

Hope this helps.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 4
jopeme

I have used the second option and it works, but is not necesary change the mac address in licpath.lic. Using 00000000 works fine.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
emily.xu

That would not necessary, but we suggest to change the MAC.

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report