Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New Computer, Product Design Suite install quits...

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pete592
328 Views, 3 Replies

Brand New Computer, Product Design Suite install quits...

I am replacing an old system with a brand new computer with 64-bit Windows 2007 Professional.  I am trying to install Product Design Suite 2012 using files downloaded directly from Autodesk's "Software Download Links", but normal installation brings up a message that it may not have installed correctly and offers two options, to either keep the installation or to reinstall with recommended settings (best I can recall).  I have tried both options, but with every attempt, the same result.  The install quits, and all I have to show for it is a directory of full of stuff located at C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Product_Design_Suite_Premium_2012_English_Win_64bit.  A screen cap of this directory is attached.  I have no Autodesk program icons, and no Autodesk programs appear in the Programs and Features control panel.

Where do I even begin?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: pete592

Correct.  That is just the download.  Ignore the Windows warning.

Run setup and install the program now.

Make sure you have local admin rights, UAC disabled, and anti-virus temporarily turned off.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
pete592
in reply to: TravisNave

EXCELLENT.  Thank you.

Already had Admin rights, but I turned off the UAC and made sure the McAffe that came with the computer was comletely shut down.

The install is now proceeding smoothly.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: pete592

My pleasure.  If you run into any snags, just holler.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report