Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branch Office Slooowness....

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
rkeitz
106 Views, 0 Replies

Branch Office Slooowness....

I have a LAN in Williamsburg Va and a LAN in Richmond VA with a private T1 connecting. Running most software works fine - even ACAD 2002 *HOWEVER* when someone tries to work on an LDD project across the T1 it's slooooooooow.

Any suggestions. Terminal Servers seems to fix the problem because the office that needs to work on a "remote" LDD projects can work on it "locally", but that's against the EULA and limited to 2 sessions.

The slowness of most software working on "remote" data is limited basically to opening and saving because it passes thru the T1 which is a lot slower than my 100MB switched network. LDD is another matter. Just about every LDD menu selection will make my engineers wait forever. It's especially troublesome for the surveyors when editing points in large topo files. A minute wait while a menu selection refreshes is not unheard of.

Is there a configuration setting or something?

If its a bandwidth issue then how much bandwidth do I need between offices? Lan speed? Is there a way to off load the project data files (non .dwg) to a SQL server or something?

Rich Keitz
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report