Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Dazzman
340 Views, 1 Reply

Borrowed License

One of our laptops borrowed an AutoCAD license from our server for 60 days unfortunately that laptop has now had a hard disk failure so I cannot book the license back in as far as the server is concerned the license is still booked out to it.

So my question is can I do anything on the server to get the license back or do I have to wait until it expires and comes back on its own?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Dazzman

Generally speaking, you have to wait for it to expire.

However, try goint to the Start/Stop/Reread tab. Do not check the force server shutdown box. Stop the server. Then restart it. There might be a chance that the license will free up. Otherwise, you might just be out of luck.

Earlier versions of the License Manager did not support the Return Borrowed Licenses Early feature. However, the latest one does and has it built-in to the borrowing tab. Since most people don't have the license manager configured correctly to do this, it may be easier to perform it from the command prompt using the lmutil.exe file provided. The directions are in the Users Guide.

Good luck. There's no guarantee that it will even work.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report