Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15
rhettb
1225 Views, 14 Replies

Borrow License

I've got borrowing setup for the package feature (64300ACD_F). On one of my test computers I have borrowed a license and then returned it early, but when I do a status enquiry it still shows that I have a license checked out.

reso IBM-6015A96D5EB IBM-6015A96D5EB (v1.000) (ausfacs1/27000 301), start Wed 12/31 14:34 (linger: 6703620)

Rhett Blair
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: rhettb

Hi,

I think that you have to
size=2>wait one day from the borrowing start "
size=3>start Wed 12/31 14:34".

Franck Hervet

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I've
got borrowing setup for the package feature (64300ACD_F). On one of my test
computers I have borrowed a license and then returned it early, but when I do
a status enquiry it still shows that I have a license checked out. reso
IBM-6015A96D5EB IBM-6015A96D5EB (v1.000) (ausfacs1/27000 301), start Wed 12/31
14:34 (linger: 6703620) Rhett Blair
Message 3 of 15
rhettb

I just checked again today and it still shows as borrowed.

reso IBM-6015A96D5EB IBM-6015A96D5EB (v1.000) (ausfacs1/27000 301), start Wed 12/31 14:34 (linger: 6703620)

Rhett Blair
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

Have you try another time to return the license
today?

Franck Hervet

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
just checked again today and it still shows as borrowed. reso IBM-6015A96D5EB
IBM-6015A96D5EB (v1.000) (ausfacs1/27000 301), start Wed 12/31 14:34 (linger:
6703620) Rhett Blair
Message 5 of 15
TravisNave

Right. And if that doesn't work, you might try simply stopping and restarting the service from within LMTOOLS. Sometimes borrowed licenses get stuck.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 15
rhettb

The computer where it was checked out doesn't think it has a borrowed license any longer. I have also tried stopping and restarting LMTOOLS.

Rhett
Message 7 of 15
TravisNave

Did you stop and restart without checking the Force Server Shutdown box? Try that and see if it releases. You could also try reborrowing the license from the original machine and then returning it again.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 15
rhettb

Yes, I stopped and restarted and did not check the Force Server Shutdown. I also tried to reborrow the license and return it before I posted the question here.
Message 9 of 15
TravisNave

Would it be okay for me to email you directly?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 15
rhettb

Sure, I'm rhettb@us.ibm.com
Message 11 of 15
TravisNave

You got mail!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Don't forget to post the solution if you find it.

For all it will be good to know why it does'nt
work.

Franck hervet

"TravisNave" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
href="mailto:6099391@discussion.autodesk.com">6099391@discussion.autodesk.com
You
got mail!
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

Has the pc and the server the same date and time?

Franck Hervet

Yes,
I stopped and restarted and did not check the Force Server Shutdown. I also
tried to reborrow the license and return it before I posted the question
here.
Message 14 of 15
rhettb

Travis was going to help me try a process to release the license, here's additional information I sent to Travis in case others have any ideas:

I'm not too worried about releasing the id in the example as much as finding out what's causing it. I've got a distributed license manager setup with 3 license managers. The id in the example and 1 other id are showing up on all 3 license managers as having a license borrowed till the March/April time frame and the only other id that has a borrowed license is only showing up on 1 of the license managers.

I only allow a small number of my users to borrow licenses and I recently reduced the amount of time a license can be borrowed. Below is how I've got it setup. I also recently changed it from the AutoCAD version feature to the package feature. Not sure if that's the preferred method or not, I couldn't find any documentation that suggested one way or the other.

GROUP borrow user1 user 2 user3 user4 reso
INCLUDE_BORROW 64300ACD_F GROUP borrow
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 64300ACD_F 336
Message 15 of 15
equinn

I was having the same problem and someone sent this information to me.

It seems that FlexLM is not allowing enough time to connect with the server so you need to increase the amount of time it will have to connect and re-establish the license back in the pool.

Log in to the offending PC (not the server) with Administrator privileges and try this. It worked for me

1. Right-click My Computer. Click Properties.
2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
3. On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
4. In the Environment Variables dialog box, under System Variables, click New.
5. In the New User Variable dialog box, enter FLEXLM_TIMEOUT for the name and 5000000 for the value. (equal to 5 seconds)
6. Click OK to close each dialog box.
7. Launch the Autodesk application.

You might need to re-borrow the license after this and return it again, but it should allow the server to recognize it is being returned early

If this doesn't work, try increasing the value to 9000000.

Good Luck!

Edited by: Eric Quinn on Jan 9, 2009 4:28 PM Edited by: Eric Quinn on Aug 25, 2009 8:50 AM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report