Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue screen error when launching Autodesk products

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
david.durston
16245 Views, 22 Replies

Blue screen error when launching Autodesk products

Hello, hoping posting here will help me fix a problem or at least become more aware of the problem.

I've been using Max and Maya for a while now (over a year) and suddenly yesterday morning, they both began to give me BSODs when launching.  I hadn't installed or changed anything on my comp between the last time it worked and it not working.

After trying to reinstall the programs, I also tried re-seating my graphics card and memory, I've updated to the most recent nvidia beta drivers and also tried rolling back to older ones. After none of that worked, today I decided to format and reinstall windows, also to no avail. I've run a hard drive check and memory diagnostic tool through windows, neither reporting errors. I downloaded and installed SoftImage and Blender to test and see if it was only Autodesk products or a 3D issue. SoftImage also blue-screens, but Blender and 3d apps/games still work fine. Since it's strictly Autodesk products, I'm posting on these forums hoping to find some more information and maybe even a fix.

Here is a picture of the exact BSOD error:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/JumpDog/IMAG0423.jpg?t=1343283516

Thanks for any help or ideas

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
DarrenP
in reply to: david.durston

what yahoo found: http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Ah0yZ_G4MYQYqOShhNns6T.bvZx4?p=PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA+&togg...

its faulty hardware

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 23
TravisNave

Darren is right, a 0x50 error tells me immediately that your hardware is toast.  Time to get a screwdriver. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 23

Well, I'm quite aware of how to Google and had seen those pages already, but thanks for confirming that I guess. Just found it awkward that only Autodesk products seem to be affected by this and otherwise the computer is still behaving normally with all my other DCC tools and games/programs. Still not sure why it's singling out Autodesk and was sort of hoping to understand it a bit more on the technical side (like a faulty address in memory that only Autodesk seems to use or what?).

Message 5 of 23
TravisNave

Autodesk programs are more graphic and memory intensive than other applications.  That's why a faulty video driver will crash Inventor, but Call of Duty will continue to run fine.  Smiley Very Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 23
gonzo13290

I started having the same problem (with 3ds max and Maya) at the same time.  All of my other programs work, including lightwave 10 (which i would imagine to be just as demanding of the computer as the Autodesk programs).  Everything worked fine before

Message 7 of 23
TravisNave
in reply to: gonzo13290

Check your driver version and BSOD stop error code.  And create a new thread if you're having problems.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 23
jyoung

The draftsman in our office experienced this on a similiar date. He could run adobe CS6 products but autocad LT would crash BSOD on launch every time. We did a clean install and the exact same thing happened wth only autocad lt installed. Dell is telling us it is a software issue and not being helpful in fixing this issue.

Message 9 of 23
DarrenP
in reply to: jyoung

did you look up the blue screen error code?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 23
jyoung

0x50

Message 11 of 23
jyoung

It seems odd for people to have same problem at same time. If the licence service is disabled it allows autocad to partially open, prior to crashing I guess when it re-enables the licenseing service. Just wondering if there was some update or change that may have occured at the end of July, either in autodesk licensing or nvidia cards etc.. I need help cause dell is refusing to replace any hardware. Thanks, Jason

Message 12 of 23
gonzo13290

I replaced my hard drive, did a clean install of 3ds Max, and the program worked again.  I suppose everyone's hard drive decided to kill itself on the same day.  Good luck to anyone having this problem and if anyone finds another solution within 30 days, lemme know so i can go get a refund on this $54 hard drive 😛

Message 13 of 23
VinnyLT
in reply to: gonzo13290

I hope thats not the only fix. i would really hate to have to whipe my hardrive. I am having the same issue. BSOD 0x50... Only happens when I open Maya.

I'd really like to get on with my work.

Message 14 of 23

After reading Gonzo's post, I formatted my slave drive to use as my new primary and it indeed fixed the problem. I had tested my two sticks of ram individually after people had said it was memory problem, and that hadn't fixed the problem. So it was an issue with my old hard drive apparently. Now it's all working fine again.

Message 15 of 23
artymax

So I had this problem too. I'm not sure it was exactly the same as everyone else here. But here goes.

BSOD when ever i started 3D MAX 2012 in WIN7, tried installing upgrade MAX 2013, ran it, same problem BSOD

Everything else works, CS 6, Office, IE, everything but 3D MAX. Thought it was my video card because Max is so v-memory intensive. Kept getting BSOD with the following: 

error code =  0x00000050    with a bunch of memory location numbers in parenthesis

Page fault in nonpage area

with some insruction about hardware and softare recently installed could be the cause. Memory, video memory or hard drive. I removed memory and tested it with half, BSOD

I then ran startup repair, memory check, system repair, all went well, no errors, system ok, but for one item,

It said

root cause found:

Unknown Bugcheck: Bugcheck 1e Parameters = 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff800033cc6ea, 1x0, 0x18.

Repair action: System files integrity check and repair

Result: Failed. Error code = 0x490

Time taken = 2215704 ms

I searched Google  error code = 0x490

got this site

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/zh/w7itprogeneral/thread/33cb2b01-9962-483f-ab49-197ac6ea...

Said to down load AVG FREE virus scan.

http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition-2012/3000-2239_4-10320142.html

I did it and AVG FREE found

atapi irp_mj_internal_device_control  it turns out about 15 items that strat with name, atapi irp_mj_internal

Looked up IRP HOOK REMOVAL on google,

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/irp-hook-removal-rootkit/36575.html

and here's the fix, thanks to XpUser4Real

try these 3 in the exact order:
1- rkill.exe
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...
2- TDSS killer
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?q...
3- Malwarebytes
http://www.filehippo.com/download_m...
Fix all they find and then reboot

3d MAX 2012 and 2013 work again. Problem solved for now.

So use AVG FREE to find the trojans then use the above 3 in the exact order:

Spread the word

Message 16 of 23
VinnyLT
in reply to: artymax

Holy Christ dude. I'm no computer technitian, but I hope your advice is the fix. I'd really hate to have to reformat my hard drive or anything like everyone else in the disscussion has.

So have you been clear of any BSODs since?  I'm going to try your methods though. thanks and congrats.

Message 17 of 23
artymax
in reply to: VinnyLT

I've been using the method, the 3 malware removers religiously and I'm free and clear. I run them a couple times a week just to be vigilant. Nothing shows up. The software, 3D MAX, works like before.   I hope it works for you, Good Luck! Joe
Message 18 of 23
artymax

I forgot to add that I even bought a new Quadro 4000 card just to rule out the video card being the problem. The BSOD was there with the new card. I put the original card, a Quadro FX4800 back in and returned the 4000 to the store.

It was a IRP_HOOK or trojan infection.

This was a fix for me, the aforementioned three part fix.

I hope it works for you.

And the friendly reminder that a total reinstall every once in a while is a good idea, but between total over hauls this might save you the time you don't have.

Message 19 of 23
VinnyLT

I'm back up! Thanks so much!  The Method works. I have no idea really what happend but your method cured whatever was wrong with my PC. I can finnally get back to my animation.. 1000 thanks!

Message 20 of 23
VinnyLT

i still can't wrap my head arround the fact that these 3 antivirus programs worked but in this order... Why couldn't avast or avg just do this or superantispyware?  anyways thanks again. it worked like a charm.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report