Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Activation Screen

231 REPLIES 231
SOLVED
Message 1 of 232
Anonymous
111297 Views, 231 Replies

Blank Activation Screen

In early Dec 2010 I downloaded AutoCAD 2011 (I already had the 2010 version).  When I opened it, a screen appeared with the option to 'TRY' or 'ACTIVATE'.  When I clicked on Activate the next screen appeared but it was blank except for 2 radio buttons without any text attached.  Supposedly, I have to get a request code from that screen to activate but obviously I can't.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this particular problem?

Tags (1)
231 REPLIES 231
Message 201 of 232
jamesgre
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello,

I am also having this issue, but I cannot seem to find a solution. I have a student version of AutoCad 2015. I do not use internet explorer, but firefox and chrome, would this cause an issue? I tried the command prompt method and it did not work. I have tried all of the solutions  in the below link, but they do not work http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Registe...

I do not have McAfee.

Please advise how I should resolve this issue.

Regards,

James

Message 202 of 232
sppeterpham
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi:

The activation email sent to my californiacolleges.edu account is empty.

I can't activate my Autodesk account.  Please help.

Peter Pham

Message 203 of 232

Hi Peter,

I have manually activated your EDU Account. You should now be able to log in and enjoy the benefits of the site. 

Let me know if you have any issues. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 204 of 232
jamesgre
in reply to: Anonymous

Is there another way to activate the program besides using the autodesk licensing screen that only has the two radio buttons? I cannot seem to resolve this issue.

Message 205 of 232
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: jamesgre

Hi James,

You can follow these steps to generate the Request Code. Once you have it, send it to me via Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) along with your Serial # so I can manually activate it. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 206 of 232

Hello,

I had the exact same problem as jamesgre
Finally after 4 hours got i to work! tried all ossible solutions, and the last one before it started to work was uninstalling macafee using the MCPR.exe

still pretty bad that this error still exist after a few years and no real solution is found.. maybe a different way to activate to avoid this problem..

Message 207 of 232
jamesgre
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

I tried following those steps but I cannot find the request code. After I click activate I only get the two radio screen. When I search for "reginfo" or "usreginfo" I get no responses. Please advise what I should do next. I have tried using the MCPR.exe and following those steps as well and it did not work. I do not have windows explorer on my computer, could this be causing the issue? As well Java seems to be semi-blocked on firefox.

Please advise,

James

Message 208 of 232
tonya.gibbons
in reply to: fffsas

Thank you fffsas!!! Running that McAfee removal and the Microsoft fix it worked!!! I was near tears before this, trying for hours everything else everybody has posted in this forum. Thank you! Thank you! thank you!

Message 209 of 232
jessica.t
in reply to: jamesgre

Hi @jamesgre ,

Have you tried @fffsas 's solution on how to resolve the error?:

Finally it works!!!!!!

In my case this was the solution!

Your post didn't work for me. Anyway, I could fix it on my own.
I had this scenario: Just bought a Inspiron 14R laptop and I removed some of the bloatware that came with my Windows 7 x64. One of them was McAffe Antivirus (the guy that gave me an headache without my knowledge.
So I started to install my own stuff in my laptop and then I got "Could not access VBScript run time for custom action" while trying to install Extensis Suitcase Fusion 3.

After doing some research and trying everything that I came across the internet, I figured out how. It's very easy, just follow the steps:

1) Search google for "McAffe Consumer Product Removal Tool" or "MCPR.exe".
2) Run MCPR.exe.
3) Search for Microsoft Fix it 50842 or "MicrosoftFixit50842.msi".
4) Run MicrosoftFixit50842.msi.
5) Reboot and cross your fingers.

For the second part of your question, have you tried using Chrome? Clearing your cookies and cache also helps, and try temporarily disabling your firewall or antivirus software.

Let us know how it goes! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 210 of 232
BeniAL

None of the greentext solutions worked for me like described but i just wanted to let you know:

I use Win7 Home SP1 64bit and installed Inventor 2015 (student licence).

What finally got it working for me was downgrading from IE 11 to IE 8, then installing IE 9 and additionally create a second windows user account (administrator) which i used only to activate Inventor. After that it also worked on my normal user account and i could delete the recently created account!

Message 211 of 232
hamdi_gulsen
in reply to: lastmagnetic

hi friend
im a Turkish man too. i have some problems about autocad 2012 activation.
You can send mail to me. And pls help me 🙂 hamdi_gulsen@hotmail.com
Message 212 of 232
jessica.t
in reply to: hamdi_gulsen

Hi @hamdi_gulsen and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

For licensing assistance, please contact the Activation and Registration team through our Contact Us page. Please be sure to select a sub-topic at the bottom of the page (the gray buttons) so that the contact options become visible.

If you have any other questions or concerns please reply to this post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 213 of 232

even i cant get messages in my californiacolleges.edu account the sent message is empty.

Please help

rabin poudel

Message 214 of 232
jessica.t
in reply to: rabin.poudel

Hi @rabin.poudel and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I sincerely apologize for the long wait but I have just activated your student account for the Education Community. Any other customers with this issue can contact the education team directly by filling out this problem form.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 215 of 232
lh932004
in reply to: par14060

Finally it works for me !

FIRST I did that :

"I have solved now the problem. I revert the IE from 11 to 9.
For others:

Go to "Windows Updates" - on the left side you will see "Installed Updates" - search in the List for the latest IE which you have installed, (ex. at me IE 11), right click on it and deinstall it. Than close the Window and open it new and search for IE 10 (if you was on 11) and deinstall it too, than restart your computer and try to activate the license, it should now work.

Greetz"

THEN I have enabled Internet Explorer (because it was disabled, I use firefox)

- Go to Control Panel

- On the left side, click on "Enable or Disable "Windows Features"

- Tick in Internet Explorer

- Reboot the computer

- try again to register

Message 216 of 232

Hi. I am experiencing the exact same issue as all of these people with Inventor Professional 2015. My Free trial worked, but I can't activate it at all. Can you do it manually for me? I only have a product code and serial number. I can't access a request code. If you can do this as quick as possible that would be great.
Thanks
Message 217 of 232

Hi @Nishanth_Narayan,

Did you see the accepted solution above your post? Did that help you at all? Did you see any changes? Unfortunately we can't activate the license from the backend but did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?

Jessica Thrasher
Message 218 of 232

HI,

Yes, I have tried those things. Are you able to send me an activation code? I can provide you with a serial number and product key.

Please Reply as soon as is convienient,

Thank You

Message 219 of 232
JurunceNK

Yeah I'm having the same exact issue as well. No matter what I do, I still can't get the radio buttons to be 100% visible.
Message 220 of 232
Estegar

I have tried everything and nothing works... When I tried to Edit files in the Webdepot Folder the file was empty.

My activation screen is blank with nothing in it what should I do?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report