Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Activation Screen

231 REPLIES 231
SOLVED
Message 1 of 232
Anonymous
111313 Views, 231 Replies

Blank Activation Screen

In early Dec 2010 I downloaded AutoCAD 2011 (I already had the 2010 version).  When I opened it, a screen appeared with the option to 'TRY' or 'ACTIVATE'.  When I clicked on Activate the next screen appeared but it was blank except for 2 radio buttons without any text attached.  Supposedly, I have to get a request code from that screen to activate but obviously I can't.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this particular problem?

Tags (1)
231 REPLIES 231
Message 161 of 232
shilpa_tvs
in reply to: grace.liu

Hi, i've tried every single thing thing thats been said here and nothing has helped..I'm really falling back on my uni submissions and i'm literally pulling out my hair in frustration. The only thing that has changed is now the button says Repair instead of Activate. Could someone help me. Its with a lot of trust that you begin to work with a software from Autodesk and this is really horrible that such a small glitch can't be fixed. Someone pls help!!

I'm trying to activate Revit 2013 on windows 7

Message 162 of 232
jessica.t
in reply to: shilpa_tvs

Hello Shilpa and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Apologies that this activation process has been so difficult for you. If there's anyway you can provide a list of all of your completed troubleshooting tasks so we could move forward it would be greatly appreciated.

I would just hate to ask you do something twice Smiley Happy

Thanks very much. I look forward to hearing from you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 163 of 232
shilpa_tvs

1. I had internet explorer 11, I went to control panel and deleted the recent updates. When I tried to install windows 8, it said its already installed.

2. I enabled all java and activex controls. nothing changed

3.Manually registered the .dll files. They were successful, but again nothing changed

4. Edited all files beginning with RT in the webdepot folder.

5. My laptop did not have a computer zone.

6. Copy pasted the url  of the white screen onto google chrome and successfully activated, but when I reopened the program it again said that the license has expired and I should 'repair'

As last resolve I tried changing the date of my comp which has messed up the licences even further. they say repair insted of activate now

Even after everything all that appears are the radio buttons.

I'm heartbroken to be honest... Pls help.

Message 164 of 232
jessica.t

Thanks for the detailed reply! And you've definitely made some great progress, please see this Autodesk published solution on resolving the radio button issue.

Please let me know how it goes!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 165 of 232
shilpa_tvs
in reply to: jessica.t

I did try everything on it to no help. Does this mean I'll have to stop using Autodesk?

Message 166 of 232
jessica.t

Not necessarily! I know this can be cumbersome, but have you tried performing a clean uninstall of your product? You've made quite a few changes and that may just do the trick!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 167 of 232
shilpa_tvs

Hi, 

I started with that actually, Using the Windows Install clean up. i don't think it completely deleted the files. I tried that several times before trying these solutions out. I've been trying to sort this issue out for over a month, and was advised to do the clean uninstall by one of the autodesk advisors.

Message 168 of 232
jessica.t

Ok great, just wanted to make sure. It seems simple but it's sometimes overlooked! I have a few more articles that describe different troubleshooting than what we've already done.

Blank Activation Windows + Internet Explorer 10

Register Today + Two Radio Buttons + IE Security Settings

Thanks for sticking it out through this!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 169 of 232
shilpa_tvs

Hi I tried them as well but to no avail.

😞 😞 😞

Message 170 of 232
shilpa_tvs

Hi, I just had a brainwave that probably my anti virus is blocking it in some way. So I uninstalled my antivirus (Mcafee) and tried it again and voila it was like nothing was ever wrong! Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed to this forum!!

Message 171 of 232

it is due ti internet explorere 9 , uninstal internet explorer 9, and
reinstall IE 8

--
with regards
Shwetank pandey
Message 172 of 232
drebusnik
in reply to: Anonymous

попробуйте снести AutoCad, Window браузер, убрать из системы все упоминания о них включая и упоминания в системном реестре и установить все вновь начиная с новй врсии браузера

Message 173 of 232
dukduks
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hello Camilos, i just downloaded and installed autodesk inventor professional 2014 and installed it successfully. I have run into difficulties trying to update it, the activation screen shows a blank and the process hangs, could you please help me activate my product since the product is now running on trial mode

Message 174 of 232
jessica.t
in reply to: dukduks

Hello Shadrack!

Sorry to see you're experiencing activation issues. Will you please review this Autodesk posted solution and let me know if it resolves your issue?

If not, please respond to this post with further details including the troubleshooting steps you have already taken.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 175 of 232
dukduks
in reply to: Anonymous

I finally found a solution that works atleast for me, it turns out some component of McAfee antivirus is what was causing my activation screen to be blank, you can download the McAfee component remover from the link below, ignore everything else contained in the document and download the remover. I hope this will be of use to someone.

http://support.esri.com/cn/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/41057

Message 176 of 232
astro.scientist42

Thank you....Thank you.... Thank you.
Problem fixed all the software activated.

--
"Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to
understand." - Neil Armstrong
Message 177 of 232
jessica.t

Thank you, Shadrack for sharing this valuable information! I have marked your post as a solution so that others may benefit from your great findings. Kudos! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 178 of 232
par14060

Hey,

i have the problem too, but i couldn´t fix it, yet.

I already have tryied this steps:

1. Add "<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->" in all HTML Files (RTBeginReg etc., too.)!
  2. Created new Admin Account and try to activate from there
  3. Looked into the "Internet Zone" - allthing is ok, have looked up in the Registry, everything is how it should be
  4. Enabled the options pertaining to ActiveX ontrols and java scripting (enabled all other Options too, for secure if i would enable the false one!)
  5. Right click on the white box - properties - copy the web Address => i come to the option to choose manuel activation or via internet, but there is no button for next or something else?
  6. Manually registered jscript.dll & vbscript.dll - both where ok
  7. Deactivated in the Control Panel under Programs & Functions - Windows Functions activate / deactivate => Internet Explorer deactivated.

All the Steps didnt work for me, i reinstalled Autodesk 3ds Max too, but didnt work. I am using the 2014 Student Version & Win 7 64 Bit.

Can somebody help me, need to use 3ds Max asap.

Greetz

Message 179 of 232
jessica.t
in reply to: par14060

Hi Ivan and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Thanks for laying out all the troubleshooting steps you have already done, it's very helpful! Could you try reverting your Internet Explorer back to version 9? That has often resolved this issue. Also, have you seen this article to help trouble the same problem? If the blank screen persists please let me know. Please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 180 of 232
Ju.Duncan
in reply to: govy86

Hey so I've tried what you said but still have the problem...

I've uninstalled internet explorer9, activated everything that had to do with activeX and Script Java

After, I tried going to  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R1\en-US\Webdepot that path does not exist but  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R7\en-US\Webdepot  does so I figured I'd try with that... so I opened the RTBeginReg.html file in the notepad and added the line you said, just after the <html> line...

But I still can't activate my product and still get the radio buttons with no writing in front..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report