Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Activation Screen

231 REPLIES 231
SOLVED
Message 1 of 232
Anonymous
111318 Views, 231 Replies

Blank Activation Screen

In early Dec 2010 I downloaded AutoCAD 2011 (I already had the 2010 version).  When I opened it, a screen appeared with the option to 'TRY' or 'ACTIVATE'.  When I clicked on Activate the next screen appeared but it was blank except for 2 radio buttons without any text attached.  Supposedly, I have to get a request code from that screen to activate but obviously I can't.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this particular problem?

Tags (1)
231 REPLIES 231
Message 81 of 232

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WITH HONOR Smiley Very Happy 
UR A LIFE SAVER Smiley Wink

Message 82 of 232
siddharthvadoliya
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you so much at the end it's work Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
Message 83 of 232
GJE52
in reply to: siddharthvadoliya

I have windows vista.

I am trying to activate Autodesk 3ds max 2012 ...... and have looked at and  tried all of the suggested options (as directed by the "help" team), short of adding a line to every RT file in the Webdepot folder,   so far without any success. 

A collegue installed 2013 on a win XP system with no problems at all. So ... does 2013version  have the same "Vista"  issues ?

Message 84 of 232
btk88
in reply to: leonordorochester

I am having a similar issue.  I have Windows 7 with a student license for Maya 2012 64bit.

Here's what happens:

*I start up Maya and the "Autodesk Licensing" pop-up shows up blank - nothing happens

*I close the "Autodesk Licensing" pop-up and it says that an Autodesk Licensing error has occured. It says that I can only use Maya for another 7 days. 

*If I choose "repair" instead of "run" then it takes me to the blank page with two radio buttons.

About the same time that this licensing issue started, I noticed that my Internet Explorer stopped working - as in I click on the icon, but it pops up for a split second, then shuts down.  I'm wondering if the two issues are related.

I've checked under Programs and Features > Windows Features to see if IE is turned on - it is, but still won't run.  I've tried making Firefox my default browser - that didn't work. I've tried installing IE 9 - it says that I have a more updated version (this is news to me since I thought I had IE 8).

I've broken down the known solutions for this problem (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617) and the result below.

Solution1 - Not Applicable

Solution2 - Did not work

Solution3 - Got hung up on step two.  How do I navigate to those folders via the command prompt? I typed in C:\Windows\SysWow64  but nothing happened. 

Solution4 - Tried it, but didn't work. I even tried inputting that line of code for ALL the html docs starting with RT. 

Solution5 - Not applicable - There was no broken character subkey

Solution6 - Tried this, but the "Value Data Fields" already held zeroes

I've researched this issue for the last two days, and have yet to turn up a reliable solution.  I have a class that requires the use of Maya, so if I can't get this fixed, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Message 85 of 232
btk88
in reply to: leonordorochester

I got some outside help, and they were able to correct both the IE issue and the Autodesk licensing issue by performing the steps listed here.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
Message 86 of 232
hasaniwalker
in reply to: JohannC

I've been trying everything to activate this program (not sure why autodesk has this issue when no other program seems to, also not sure why they don't care to fix it).  I'm now trying your advice and I'm now on the microsoft scroll down, and in it I see no internet settings listing.  could it be called something else? All I want to do is activate this frustrating program.

Message 87 of 232
hasaniwalker
in reply to: govy86

how do I save this? I'm trying to and it says acces denied.  I'm starting to really hate Maya.

Message 88 of 232
myfakeusernow

I've tried all solutions in this thread without any luck.

Message 89 of 232
Prinzz

I tried the second option, editing the RTbeginreg.html , but when i save , it says ACCESS DENIED , what can i do ?? can anyone please help ?? Smiley Sad

Message 90 of 232
jo-p

It worked out for me to, but only in the 2011 edition.

Message 91 of 232
jarrettmoe

I just had the same problem w/ 3ds Max 2013 - paste the code into the same files, but find them in the R5 folder instead of the r1.

good luck

Message 92 of 232
dhafar.sye
in reply to: dejanxp

non of them can be open with text. the only options are internet app such as Internet exploror, and google chrome

Message 93 of 232
LIAKMAN
in reply to: dhafar.sye

THE FINAL SOLUTION......simply make the computer time before the date that you are in by an example two years and start the program the program will work immediately. 100% working in 3ds max 2012 32 bit for xp. Enjoy !!!

Message 94 of 232
jo-p
in reply to: jarrettmoe

Genius solution 😉

Message 95 of 232
superdude55

govy86 - thank you for the solution!

and for those of us that don't code, the " <!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->" that you copy and paste

goes just under the very first " <html> " you see, which should be the first line from the top.

Message 96 of 232
shwetankpandey2010

i followed all the steps u maintioned but still m suffering from same prob

Message 97 of 232

Still no fix for this problem? No but seriously, I tried ALL steps and NOTHING works! It's kinda frustrating!!! How to activate? Why do they use IE in the first place?!?!1?!?!?!/?!/!?!?!??!? Come one autodesk, release a patch regarding this issue!
Ironic is that I actually activated autocad (and received e-mail with activation code) but the problem persists...

Message 98 of 232
g00030474
in reply to: sefic91

i tried the pasting "<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->" thingy

but i cant save it any ideas????

Message 99 of 232
chablinos
in reply to: JarretDD

I added the tag to every RT, everywhere  and still only blank screen.  And the process required me to discover how f*'d up Microsoft is too, since I had to change Ownership and Permissions for every single related folder to follow the instructions.  Both Microsoft and Autodesk are more focussed on user-control and piracy than the actual functionality of their products.  Whatever you do, DO NOT GET WINDOWS 7, because none of your software will ever work again.

--Disgusted.

Message 100 of 232
mikebon123

Hey guys, i need help from you.

My friend needs help in activating his AutoCad 2012 and when i go and check it out, here's what happen:

When I click on activate button, and check the privacy policy and click "continue", a blank window appears..

here's some photos that would picture out our situation..

please help me guys..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report