Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Activation Screen

231 REPLIES 231
SOLVED
Message 1 of 232
Anonymous
111318 Views, 231 Replies

Blank Activation Screen

In early Dec 2010 I downloaded AutoCAD 2011 (I already had the 2010 version).  When I opened it, a screen appeared with the option to 'TRY' or 'ACTIVATE'.  When I clicked on Activate the next screen appeared but it was blank except for 2 radio buttons without any text attached.  Supposedly, I have to get a request code from that screen to activate but obviously I can't.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this particular problem?

Tags (1)
231 REPLIES 231
Message 61 of 232
jakobuswagener
in reply to: aalza3eem

Hi,

I have the same problem like aalza3eem.

can somebody help me?

Jakobus

Message 62 of 232
mtwigg71
in reply to: JohannC

This worked perfectly for me on AutoCAD 2012 Student Version, but I didn't have a folder call "L" I had one called"O" or a small square. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Mickey

Message 63 of 232
basheeralan
in reply to: JohannC

there is no folder named (internet setting) but thanks any way

Message 64 of 232
jakobuswagener
in reply to: Anonymous

also ich habe das thema ja erstellt und konnte mir selbst mit diesem Link helfen

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617

unten steht was von:

Editing files in the Webdepot Folder [i]

Another solution has been to edit the RTBeginReg.html file in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R1\en-US\Webdepot folder. This is where the registry HTMLs are stored and these are the pages that the blank screen shows on.

Open the RTBeginReg.html in a text editor such as Notepad and add the following line of code below the <html> line:

<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->

ja der blank activation screen war weg. dann noch schnell aktivieren. Dann hat man autodesk 3ds max 2012

ich find das echt gut von Autodesk. wenn man sich dann ein 3d programm irgentwann kaufen würde wäre das 3ds max, weil man sich schon gut eingearbeitet hat.

Message 65 of 232
JarretDD
in reply to: jakobuswagener

The above post, translated, is thanking the html tag solution for working, and prasing autodesk software.

Message 66 of 232

i also tried this way but that does not worked with me , in fact i tried all the ways above but none worked with me, please if you have another way tell me i became ahopless man, if any way does not work with me i will reinstall my win 7 agane

Message 67 of 232

Hi:

You may send me your serial number through private message (envelope next to your account name at the top of this page) so I may check further and assist you with activation. Alternatively, please call our Registration and Activation Team Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 8 PM Eastern time at 800-551-1490.

Thanks!

Arlin Bibat
Message 68 of 232
OsamaPro

Hello
I have the same problem ... Problem can be resolved in the following way:
- Create another account on the computer ...
- Create the account Administrative ...
- Activate the program from the new account
- After activating the program, delete the new account
- Enjoy

Message 69 of 232
basheeralan
in reply to: OsamaPro

thanx their 
i tried the way which you told me but that did not work with me 

Message 70 of 232

Hi:

If you are from the United States, you may call our Registration and Activation Team Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 8 PM Eastern time at 800-551-1490 or email them at Authcodes@autodesk.com. If you are from Europe, you may contact them through  emea.register@activation.autodesk.com.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Arlin Bibat
Message 71 of 232

thanx their but i am living at middel east 
if you have another email or can i send you serial number and product key to the previous email which given to me 

Message 72 of 232
pz_pollub
in reply to: basheeralan

Hi. In my case, the "<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->" trick worked with Internet Explorer 9. So the section in the article, which effectively says that you have to uninstall ie9, is wrong.

What I think is the main problem people are having is different path. If you aren't in the US you aren't going to get en-us and possibly not R1 (not sure what's that - probably region) - I got "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R4\pl-PL\Webdepot". To check your path, proceed with activation, then do a right click on a broken page and click source. Click "save as" in notepad. Copy the path. Open notepad with administrative rights (type notepad in the start menu's search and right click on it). Open the correct file and add "<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->" after <html>. Proceed with activation. The last page will still be broken but you'll be activated.

Message 73 of 232
chris1988green
in reply to: pz_pollub

Still doesn't work. I have a brand new Dell and the **** thing doesn't know how to load a program i've been running for 3/4 years on a dinosaur computer

Message 74 of 232
ederijder
in reply to: govy86

SUUUPER it works thanks!

Message 75 of 232
abdul_rafay

you certainly have some files corrupted therefore the Activation screen cannot be shown properly please kindly reinstall the autocad 2011 or if you have an acticated 2010 then try uninstalling it and then reinstall autocad 2011 thnx

Message 76 of 232
spacespaceduo

Hi, new user and student here. I am also having this problem with the 2012 Autodesk 3Ds Max. I have reinstalled this 3 times now, which is quite the chore, and I am still having the same exact problem. I just sent a message to customer support and none of what I have read here has helped. Please help.

Message 77 of 232

Hi spacespaceduo,

Please Private Message me your Serial Number. Also include the Request Code.

The request code is a series of random digits and letters which will appear on your screen when you begin the activation process. If you are activating the software for the first time, you will have two options: <Run> or <Activate>, please click on <Activate> and you will be able to view the Request Code and enter your serial number and product key.

Otherwise please take the following steps:

1) From the pull down menu <Help> and click <About>.

2) Click on <Product Information> button at the top right hand corner.

3) Click on <Activate> button.

4) On this page, you will be able to view Product Serial Number and Request Code

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 78 of 232

Hi spacespaceduo,

Got your Private Message stating that your Blank Screen Activation issue was resolved by going through the troubleshooting steps in this link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?si​teID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617.

Please do click on the click on the "Accept as Solution" button so it may serve as a reference to other users having the same issue.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 79 of 232
parthtrivedi
in reply to: basheeralan

Hey guys im really new to the forum culture...so i apologize in advance for any mistakes

I have tried all the remedies stated in this thread , but now ive reached a stage where i see the two radio buttons and the text associated to it but when i click on either of them nothing happens pls help!

EDIT: also i would like to inform that when i click activate button it opens up in chrome where the two radio buttons are present but if i click on either the autodesk licensing window remains blank

Message 80 of 232
vishnuanil1996

Hey... if u are using the version below internet explorer 8 ,just install a new version (IE 8 for win xp,IE 9 for win 7)install it and restart your system.

It worked for me .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report