Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Activation Screen

231 REPLIES 231
SOLVED
Message 1 of 232
Anonymous
111307 Views, 231 Replies

Blank Activation Screen

In early Dec 2010 I downloaded AutoCAD 2011 (I already had the 2010 version).  When I opened it, a screen appeared with the option to 'TRY' or 'ACTIVATE'.  When I clicked on Activate the next screen appeared but it was blank except for 2 radio buttons without any text attached.  Supposedly, I have to get a request code from that screen to activate but obviously I can't.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this particular problem?

Tags (1)
231 REPLIES 231
Message 41 of 232
JarretDD
in reply to: avto

Thanks for listing all those solutions. Took you guys a while, but It is sure to help a lot of people.

Message 42 of 232
hausiusi
in reply to: JohannC

Thanks a lot. yout Advice was wonderful (Y).

Message 43 of 232
antonarap
in reply to: Anonymous

OK this is what worked for me: 

Although I have a 64 bit version, I used the Command Prompt to navigate to directory C:\Windows\System32 I typed regsvr32 jscript.dll and  regsvr32 vbscript.dll. There is a space character between the comand (regsvr32) and the archive name (jscript.dll for example).  

In order to navigate in a certeen directory with the command prompt use cd.. to move une directory up and cd NAME OF DIRECTORY to move one directory down (example: cd windows to move from c: to c:\windows, cd.. to move from c:\windows to c:). 

This way the activation screen was displayed correctly.

Message 44 of 232
Petrit10
in reply to: govy86

Thank you for helping us.I activated with succes but something have done wrong because when click two times the icon the programm doesn't open.Please ,help me to get a choise.

Message 45 of 232
danblukk

My 3D max 2011 worked fine unitil i had to format my pc and reinstall everything now i get the white screen licence thing. But mine sounds a little different to the rest. I get a small plane white box, dont even get the chane to click activate, but get this, if I open task manager and end the task, the activator windows comes up, can click activate and then it all works as normal, all radio buttons show, can click continue to activate my code but then the comuter gets on with the end task request and closes it. How annoying is that. Tried all solutions, mutiple browsers, reg edits, cmd prompts, nothing works.

Any advice anyone?

Message 46 of 232
JarretDD
in reply to: danblukk

Tried all solutions, mutiple browsers, reg edits, cmd prompts, nothing works.

Did you try the adding-the-tag-to-the-html solution on the first page?

Strange how you can almost continue with the activation is windows thinks the task has ended, but initially it is still blocked, for some reason. Since you've tried all the other solutions, adding the <!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost --> tag might help, as described on page 1 here.

Message 47 of 232
eurgbp2011

same problem on firefox 4 and win7 x64

Message 48 of 232
mdm6533
in reply to: dejanxp

Hey, just wanted to give a big thanks to ya for this help!  I know nothing of HTML scripting or editing, but followed your instructions (and thanks for the pics, definitely helped since I'm a visual learner), and on the next try to activate, all went well and was done in secondsSmiley Very Happy  Can't tell ya how relieved I am now!

P.S.-  Running Win XP SP3 with Internet Explorer

Message 49 of 232
whiterabbit77

hi all,

i'm getting the same problem but i'm using mozilla firefox, any instructions on how to fix it within that?

cheers

Message 50 of 232
Th10
in reply to: JohannC

thhaaaaaaaaaaaaankkk youuu verry verry much your way work like magic but you know there is one little problem . it's not "'HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Settings/Zones' it's "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones"
at least that's what work for me but like you said just delete file "L" and it woooooooooooorkkkkkk
thaaank youu veryy veryyy verryyy much
and for more help use that link
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=6404339&siteID=123112

Message 51 of 232
skavengur
in reply to: JarretDD

Thanks, had the blank activation screen with Max 2012 and this solved it! Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 232
anakmuda
in reply to: skavengur

hi there, i found this helpful tool thats 100% works,

link here>sIBL_GUI_For_3dsMax

download n follow the step on read me file.

but make sure u dont change the RTBeginReg script.

hv nice day.

do catch me on ym: azazielannamirun

Message 53 of 232
kreat1f
in reply to: JarretDD

tq so much dude. it very helpful n work for my computer. .

Message 54 of 232
citemgr

well done! this fixed our problem - thanks much!  Tim from https://basepin.com

Message 55 of 232
aalza3eem
in reply to: ranjeet7

Same here

"everytime i hit the save button it said the access to the file is denied"

what is the solution.

The steps fixed the black, but the last step is where it gets the mentioned message:

'line 158

access to the file is denied'

Message 56 of 232
pbronkow
in reply to: aalza3eem

Like a lot of the other messages said ....add

<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->

into the RT files......start with RTBeginReg.html    put ^^ right after the first line and save, if you cannot save, close the file, right click, go to properties, security, EDIT ADMINISTRATORS and click the box for FULL CONTROL, then reopen the file add the above link and save it....do this to the next RT file in line if it doesnt work....i got to about the 4th RT file in line before it allowed me to register, after that it still gave me an script error message on the last page where i had to hit FINISH but it did the job.......

happend in Revit, so should be the same for all since theyre all autodesk products i believe

Message 57 of 232
rpmpowered
in reply to: pbronkow

i have this problem too, here is ans screenshoot, whre i put that? in that blue zone?

Message 58 of 232
rpmpowered
in reply to: rpmpowered

i saved file whit that <!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost --> right below httml and i have same problem, can anyone help me

Message 59 of 232
speck_3
in reply to: Zed90

I was having the same problem, the way i found around it was to firstly open the file, add in the suggested line then instead of just trying to save over the top of the existing file I saved the file(s) onto my desktop and then after I had edited all the files I needed to, I just went back and did a copy and paste, overwriting all previous copies and hey presto no problems.

Message 60 of 232

Thanks dejanxp very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report