Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

gmijares
Message 1 of 209 (66,301 Views)
Accepted Solution

Blank Activation Screen

66301 Views, 208 Replies
12-21-2010 09:27 PM

In early Dec 2010 I downloaded AutoCAD 2011 (I already had the 2010 version).  When I opened it, a screen appeared with the option to 'TRY' or 'ACTIVATE'.  When I clicked on Activate the next screen appeared but it was blank except for 2 radio buttons without any text attached.  Supposedly, I have to get a request code from that screen to activate but obviously I can't.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this particular problem?

I finally found a solution that works atleast for me, it turns out some component of McAfee antivirus is what was causing my activation screen to be blank, you can download the McAfee component remover from the link below, ignore everything else contained in the document and download the remover. I hope this will be of use to someone.

http://support.esri.com/cn/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/41057

Hey,

thank you for your fast answer, Jessica.

I have solved now the problem. I revert the IE from 11 to 9.
For others:

Go to "Windows Updates" - on the left side you will see "Installed Updates" - search in the List for the latest IE which you have installed, (ex. at me IE 11), right click on it and deinstall it. Than close the Window and open it new and search for IE 10 (if you was on 11) and deinstall it too, than restart your computer and try to activate the license, it should now work.

Greetz

Hi, thank you for your answer, 

I finally got help from autodesk, I think the problem was with administrator issues? I had already uninstalled windows explorer9 and folled the previous steps but this solved it : 

" Please make sure you run the command window as an Administrator and unregister and register two dlls. Here is the process:

1. Ensure that all Autodesk applications are closed. 
2. In the search/run bar at the bottom of the Windows Start menu, type CMD but do *not* press Enter. The menu will change to a search results page, displaying cmd.exe at the top of the list. 
3. Right-click on cmd.exe at the top of the list and choose Run as Administrator from the context menu that appears. 
4. If prompted whether to allow the program to make changes to Windows, click Yes; a DOS prompt window will appear. 
5. At the command prompt, enter regsvr32 /u jscript.dll to unregister 
6. At the command prompt, enter regsvr32 /u vbscript.dll to unregister 
7. At the command prompt, enter regsvr32 jscript.dll to register
8. At the command prompt, enter regsvr32 vbscript.dll to register 
9. Reboot your machine. 
10. Retest the registration.  "

Finally it works!!!!!!

In my case this was the solution!

Your post didn't work for me. Anyway, I could fix it on my own.
I had this scenario: Just bought a Inspiron 14R laptop and I removed some of the bloatware that came with my Windows 7 x64. One of them was McAffe Antivirus (the guy that gave me an headache without my knowledge.
So I started to install my own stuff in my laptop and then I got "Could not access VBScript run time for custom action" while trying to install Extensis Suitcase Fusion 3.

After doing some research and trying everything that I came across the internet, I figured out how. It's very easy, just follow the steps:

1) Search google for "McAffe Consumer Product Removal Tool" or "MCPR.exe".
2) Run MCPR.exe.
3) Search for Microsoft Fix it 50842 or "MicrosoftFixit50842.msi".
4) Run MicrosoftFixit50842.msi.
5) Reboot and cross your fingers.

jstarnes74
Message 2 of 209 (66,222 Views)

Re: Blank Activation Screen

12-22-2010 09:45 AM in reply to: gmijares

I am having the same issue with AutoCad 2011 LT.  I havent been able to get any help on this matter. Please someone Help Us!

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 3 of 209 (66,173 Views)

12-23-2010 11:55 AM in reply to: jstarnes74
Contributor
JarretDD
Message 4 of 209 (66,162 Views)

12-23-2010 01:47 PM in reply to: DarrenP

I've had this problem for the last two days, after my student licence expired.

The steps described in http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617 do NOT change anything for me.

Please, this issue needs attention.

Contributor
JarretDD
Message 5 of 209 (65,862 Views)

01-02-2011 10:33 AM in reply to: gmijares

I solved it... here's the REAL problem.

Your computer is blocking activex controls.

The first solution is to go into Internet explorer>Tools>internet options or control panel > internet options.

Under the security tab, choose internet zone. Click custom level, and enable the options pertaining to ActiveX ontrols ans java scripting. Then you SHOULD be able to view the controls that were blocked out in the blank activation screen.

This didn't work for me, but it works for others, so I hear.

The second solution for me was to enter the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R1\en-US\Webdepot folder, which is where the registry HTMLs are stored. These are the pages that the blank screen shows on.

Open the RTBeginReg.html in a text editor like notepad. Add the following line of code below the <html> line.

<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->

This marks the page as SAFE. Save and you should be able to enter your code and stuff.

myintaky
Message 6 of 209 (65,777 Views)

01-03-2011 09:39 AM in reply to: gmijares

wow... great! the second one works, but there's still one problems. when i confirm the activation, i've got some script errors :/ and it appears all the time whenever i click anything. any advice?

thank you :smileywink:

glats
Message 7 of 209 (65,762 Views)

01-03-2011 11:39 AM in reply to: JarretDD

AutoCAD 2011 on Windows XP.. Blank Activation Screen

sorry to trouble you all but neither of those options have worked for me  .. going through Regedit or through ActiveX scripting

any idesa ??

not even through the link to the html's in the registry ...

lastmagnetic
Message 8 of 209 (65,613 Views)

01-05-2011 01:38 PM in reply to: glats

hello friend

if system ms vindows sries;

create new admin accont to system => login to admin accont => start activation license maneger :smileywink:

:manvery-happy: god bye

Türkiyeden selamlar

Contributor
JarretDD
Message 9 of 209 (65,438 Views)

01-07-2011 05:07 AM in reply to: lastmagnetic
To those still getting the blank screen (and internet opions, registry editing and running as admin doesn't work), I strongly suggest you follow the steps in my last post (regarding the tag added to the HTML document). If the first screen works, but you still get bugged by scripts on other pages, add the tag the other HTMLs in the folder. I didn't have to add it to all of them, only the relevant ones. Be sure to remove Autodesk's tag if there is one.
JohannC
Message 10 of 209 (65,096 Views)

01-10-2011 12:08 PM in reply to: JarretDD

A quick and easy way to fix this not with just AutoCad but if you have the same problem with other pro grams is, open 'run' command, type in 'regedit' go to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Microsoft, Internet Settings, Zones' you will see under Zones are six files each named 'L' '0' '1' '2' '3' '4',  delete the file named 'L', that is the activex problem, you can uninstall it from your PC but these are "parasite" files that stay in the system. Problem solved quick and easy:smileywink:

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.