Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Solution for Satellite Office

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
mcadparks
185 Views, 0 Replies

Best Solution for Satellite Office

Ok, I'm going to try my best explaining this. I work for a company based in one city (large office, on network) and I work in a small office in another city 3.5 hrs. away (on same network). We are on 2004 ADT and 2006 ADT, for various projects, and right now I have to copy files from one drive one their network to my local drive and then copy back when finished, so they do their can back-up, but I’m still not working live. The reason is because I can't work live from our T1 connection because it is TOO slow. I don't know everything about networks, etc., but I do know that a server can be set up at our location and have it mirrored (or something) for us to work locally (and with regular speed) and still be on the network live and they can do back-ups, etc. I have just started this job a few weeks ago and the company I came from had it set up sort of like I mentioned. Does this make sense? If so, what's the best way for me to explain this to our IT people, so maybe we can get this implemented?

Thanks in advance!
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report