Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best export of Autodesk Architecture 2011 3D model into 3D max?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rick
342 Views, 3 Replies

Best export of Autodesk Architecture 2011 3D model into 3D max?

We recently installed a network verion of Building Design Suite (BDS). We previously had 4 standalone seats of Infrastructure Design Suite (IDS). When the network seat of BDS is in use we can't access 3dmax or navisworks although we have sufficient licenses under our standalone IDS. We have been trading e-mails with a subscription tech and now after who knows how many e-mails they are saying we need to uninstall and reinstall IDS. So it appears BDS disabled a properly licensed version of IDS and the burden is on us to reinstall IDS. I would also guess that any time we upgrade BDS we will need to reinstall both. There has to be a better answer than allowing program B to disable program A. They are separate properly licensed programs (at least that's what the many high priced checks for purchases and subscription indicate). Any better ideas than currect suggestion? Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: rick

Mixing network and stand-alone can be hairy, especially when there is product cross-over.  When installing the other suite, you might check to make sure you are not reinstalling the same software overlap.  And even afterwards, you might have to do the registry switch from network to stand-alone.  That *might* work but I am only speculating. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
rick
in reply to: TravisNave

I appreciate the response. I did try the registry switch from network to standalone and it didn't work. Thanks Richard Grady, P.E. Grady Consulting, LLC 71 Evergreen Street, Suite 1 Kingston, MA 02364 Phone 781.585.2300 Fax 781.585.2378 www.GradyConsulting.com
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: rick

Yeah, it was worth a shot.  Honestly, I have not gotten it to work since the 2010 release myself.  Smiley Mad

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report